FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By riveraXVX
got a new to me macro lens I had been eyeing for a long time now, this is the 2nd day playing around, still gotta work on the lighting a good bit, but very happy with the initial results!

B-52 showing its leftovers. if you look closely you can see pieces of the white moth that was also in the same trap on that fly from when whoever was the 2nd to get devoured struggled to get free. this is an almost 1:1 (I shrank it down slightly) pull from the raw image.

Tracyi showing some of its snacks off... "best friends forever"

some new growth coming in on Tracyi

B-52's.

last but not least, a better photo of the recent germination!!! look at the tiny lil bb roots and carnivorous leaves!!!
By riveraXVX
had a week or so to play around some more

this is the photo that made me want to try stacked shots (see below) to actually get more of the fly in focus.

D. Intermedia showing its developing hibernaculum (thank you for confirming Mike!) for size reference that intermedia with leaves extended are barely quarter sized the hibernaculum itself is maybe 1/3rd the size of a dime

(first attempt at a stacked shot to get everything in focus, mixed results. happy for first attempt though will be getting closer next time. the plants were all damp from rain so made taking a series of photos tough from reflections of light

uncropped full 18"x12" shot shrunk down with a 2"x2" overlaid 1:1 full size portion shown from a previous photo
By Sharnee
Great photos! What camera and lens do you have? :)
I have recently gotten into CP's and waiting for my plants to look nice before i try taking macro shots, they not too pretty at the moment lmao woops
By riveraXVX
Hey Sharnee, these shots were done with a Canon T2i/550D and the lens is the canon EF-s 60mm f/2.8 macro lens these photos used Canon Speedlite 430EXII flash with a random homemade diffuser over the flash

I've since got a cheap but functional setup for doing stacked shots now also lighting is (and forever) will be a challenge but here are couple more from various photos taken the past week or two

center hole of a record:

lil jumping spider that was hanging out in our mailbox the other day

closeup of some live sphagnum Image

random dying flower that was sitting nearby where i was shooting

flower blooming and pests!

another shot of same

seedlings

perspective of the seedlings

new to me Purple Ambush
riveraXVX liked this
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!