FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By Bob Beer
It's not particularly difficult but the winter leaves are quite small, so it takes a little time to get size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Raistlarn
Probably something like Genlisea , even though it's harder to grow than pinguicula. What I mean is there is less of a market for those plants.

Or it could be because this specific pinguicula is a species that is one of the newer species on the market, and the market hasn't been saturated yet. It seems like this might be the reason, due to the price drop from $100 to ~$45.
By heywhathuh
I ordered mine from CZplants, because like you, I didn't want to pay 65$ on Ebay. I got a small dormant one for like 10 euros, although it did take forever to arrive. I've since pulled some leaves off, and have gotten at least a few strikes, so if you're still looking in a few weeks, when mine have grown large enough to ship, I'll gladly trade/sell you one for cheap :)
By nimbulan
Raistlarn wrote:Probably something like Genlisea , even though it's harder to grow than pinguicula. What I mean is there is less of a market for those plants.

Or it could be because this specific pinguicula is a species that is one of the newer species on the market, and the market hasn't been saturated yet. It seems like this might be the reason, due to the price drop from $100 to ~$45.
As I understand it, it used to be more common. It seems like 10 years or so ago all the US nurseries stopped propagating anything remotely rare, probably because the market got saturated and the plants were too cheap to be worthwhile. We actually used to have seed-grown hamatas being sold, and lowii's for less than $20.
By heywhathuh
I agree man, sometimes when googling Ping-related questions, I find sub-forums that seem like they were way more active a decade ago. And I'll PM you when the gypsicolas look ready to ship, if you find one for cheap before then, don't feel bad about snagging it ;)

You can also buy the Gubler's LFSM at Lowe's, on[…]

Garden_Nymph Requests - Cancelled

Got it. TY. I will repost this Wed. I wasnt sure. […]

Oh, I know flavas are large, given the photos of t[…]

Hello all, I am looking to rapidly expand my drose[…]

No, you'll need to come back in May to make a requ[…]

in the mailbox. https://i.imgur.com/AkF0VlP.jpeg[…]

Is there a reason you overlooked flytrapstore.[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has fo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!