FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Shelilla
I found these ones somehow growing in my Cape Sundew pot after I came home from a three-week vacation. In the first place I have no clue whatsoever how the hell they got there... (I had repotted it a little while ago before but the soil was all rinsed and I've never had any plants pop up in anything I've put in the pot with it before- except moss)
I thought they were Tokaiensis at first and that I had somehow maybe had some tiny invisible seeds stuck to my fingers when cutting dead leaves off?? Idk? But they started growing more and I realized the color and leaves were way different.
I looked at lots of different sundews and the closest thing I saw and think it could be is Drosera nidiformis, but I'd like a certain identification.
IMG_2054.JPG
IMG_2054.JPG (708 KiB) Viewed 952 times
IMG_2018.JPG
IMG_2018.JPG (667.78 KiB) Viewed 952 times
Also, I got these as seedlings and they were never identified. They might be pygmies, but they're about the same size as a non-pygmy seedling so who knows.
IMG_2059.JPG
IMG_2059.JPG (557.81 KiB) Viewed 952 times
Lastly, I've had a couple of these pop up here and there in my Sessilifolia and Tokaiensis pots. They haven't grown enough yet for me to fully see what they are and they're very spindly and frail looking, but they are definitely different from any of the Sundew seedlings I'm currently growing; they seem to grow up like the finlaysonianas but with short round leaves.
Attachments:
IMG_2056.JPG
IMG_2056.JPG (437.69 KiB) Viewed 952 times
IMG_2057.JPG
IMG_2057.JPG (344.31 KiB) Viewed 952 times
By Shadowtski
First species looks like capensis. The second species looks like one of the pygmies. The third is too soon to tell.

That's the problem with microscopic seeds. It doesn't take much to move them around.

Good growing,
Mike
Shadowtski liked this

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!