FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By amriko
I once planted some sarracenia seeds after I found twenty left in an open position on one that I just bought. This was at the time where I didn't really know how to grow them. I stratified them and planted them in pure peat (bad media) and after three months I gave up. I forgot to throw them out and I sometimes watered them for no reason although they dried out several times. Almost a year later they sprouted.
By Hungry Plants
I would love to say that they are doing well but the still sit there doing nothing.:(
By alanmota2004
I think its best to give up its been altease two months so I guess there a loss cause

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
By Tryner78
HeliamphoraWalnut wrote:I once sowed some nep seeds. After about 4 months, I gave up, and recycled the soil back into the bag. I potted up some bigger neps later, and lo and behold, a bunch of baby neps were popping up all over the place. Never give up
you may have discovered a new trick- was the soil left out for a while, or was it used immediately? If not, the bag would likely have high humidity if there's some heat around- and light must not have been an issue. then, when they sensed light, they probably were triggered into germination. hmmm... I'd like to experiment, but it's late in the year and I don't have any seed :|
Some of the best discoveries are accidental! --T
By alanmota2004
Dang that suck but I can show how they will look when they start to get going these are mine btw

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
How cold is too cold

Thanks! They will stay outside from now on.

Hello from New England

Welcome to the forum!

For more information about characteristics, you wo[…]

Oddly shaped Sarr

Definitely looks like thrip damage, and they are v[…]

Nepenthes cold shock?

Thanks, y’all!

Anyone find anything exceptional/underwhelming or […]

Sure, the more the merrier! Just remember to add t[…]

Ah! If possible, then, could I add the mixed dros[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!