FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Randall
Hey guys and gals. Has anyone tried growing a cross of B-52 with maroon monster? I do understand that all seed grown plants exhibit different characteristics, but just wanted to know if anyone had done this and what you got. I am going to try it next year maybe. Look forward to any pictures as well. They can be a close cross as well because you will never replicate seed grown! Thanks for advice and discussion in advance!
Randall liked this
By Matt
Randall wrote:Has anyone tried growing a cross of B-52 with maroon monster?
I'm sure I've made that cross many times over the years. I don't recall ever harvesting it for myself though. I have just put all of the seed in the FTS Seed mix.

I did start some B52 x Red Piranha seeds one time. Got some interesting plants from that cross.
By Branmuffin
I decided to let the majority of my collection flower this year and have been busy cross pollinating this week. Do growers cover the flowers after cross pollinating to avoid pollination by insects? I know they do this with sarracenia but have never seen it mentioned with Fly Traps.
Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!