FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Earthy
so, I noticed that my Jaws and Giant VCX plants were both kinda outgrowing their pots (new growth points really low and close to the edge, roots poking out the bottom, etc) so I decided to repot them. the Giant VCX had a pretty nice root system and was a total of 2 large plants and 2 divisions it went into a 20oz cup from a 16oz cup. here's the pic of that one (of course now they have done the "lose the old leaves and look sad for a while" repot drill so they aren't looking too pretty right now lol. Jaws? not so much; took the repot like a bunch of champs and really didn't lose any leaves):

next was my Jaws. I really wasn't expecting to see what I saw when I unpotted it. well, let the pic speak for itself lol...
after uttering a couple of colorful words in surprise, I decided that a 20oz styro cup wasn't going to cut it. the root system is double what it was last year! good thing I kept the 32oz styro cups from Sams Club lol; that is where Jaws and her "kids" call home now lol :P thanks for looking!!!
Earthy, Earthy liked this
By Earthy
yea, I couldn't believe the size when I pulled it out lol. not sure what I'm gonna do next repot if the roots are bigger :lol:
By Earthy
boarderlib wrote:They look great Earthy, may I recommend a Styrofoam cooler for next year at the rate you're going. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I actually have one of those that a christmas ham was sent to my grandmother in lol! it's enough for like 10 plants depending on size :lol: plus I have the styro bait buckets...
Earthy liked this
By Big-Jack
Next season I'm buying some of these:

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/dart-s ... 4TJ32.html

I have some pot holding trays from the garden store that they throw away and each holds 10 pots securely but with some distance between them so the plants can branch out over the top without crowding the ones next to it. These cups should fit perfect and I won't have to worry about them getting tipped or blown over. I can put the whole tray in a shallow plastic tub if I want to bottom water.
Watering my Venus Flytrap

Why can't you buy distilled? I'd day distill it[…]

Just let it be. Don't overthink it man. Worst that[…]

Get a magnifying glass 🔍

Kinda looks like old Jalapeños or bell pepp[…]

howdy!

I have lots of experience with agar so I want[…]

Nepenthes Repotting

Nepenthes are pretty much epiphytes and don't get […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!