FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Got a carnivorous plant and you don't know what it is? Ask here!

Moderator: Matt

By fattytuna
Hi all. I know I'm usually ID'ing Drosera for others but I'd like some second opinions. I got this plant as a hitchhiker. Initially I thought it was just another D. tokaiensis but as it got larger, it started displaying some characters that distinguished it otherwise. The plant is a semi-adult now, around 4 cm diameter.

ImageImage

The supplier also lists the following plants so it's probably one of these: D. coccicaulus, D. glabripes, D. slackii, D. dielsiana. They've listed other plants in the past so it could be anything really. I've never grown any of these so I'm not sure what they'd look like at an earlier stage of growth.
By Shadowtski
It's between D. coccicaulus and D. dielsiana to my eye. Slackii has a guitar shaped body.

I'm looking at how far down the petiole the tentacles extend. Comparing it to shots at CPPhotofinder, I think it's closest to Drosera dielsiana. But that's only a S.W.A.G. (Scientiffic Wild *ss Guess)

That's my two cents worth. Try posting it on the ICPS Facebook Page. There are some true Drosera experts lurking there.

Good growing,
Mike
Shadowtski liked this
Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!