FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By kirakira1
Took a risk and bought another N. Lowii. My first one died after almost a year of having it, and I decided to try it again. This one is bigger as well.
IMG_20170420_151609435.jpg
IMG_20170420_151609435.jpg (57.25 KiB) Viewed 3324 times
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
By tannerm
Looks like it's potted up just fine. What're your conditions and did you use AAA NZ moss?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By kirakira1
tannerm wrote:Looks like it's potted up just fine. What're your conditions and did you use AAA NZ moss?

Mid 70's during the day and 60's at night. I believe so. I bought my last one from Native Exotics and it was extremely healthy and growing at a decent rate. I think it just got stressed when I moved into my apartment. It was still a baby so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

By tannerm
kirakira1 wrote:
tannerm wrote:Looks like it's potted up just fine. What're your conditions and did you use AAA NZ moss?

Mid 70's during the day and 60's at night. I believe so. I bought my last one from Native Exotics and it was extremely healthy and growing at a decent rate. I think it just got stressed when I moved into my apartment. It was still a baby so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

What about humidity though? And light?

By kirakira1
tannerm wrote:
kirakira1 wrote:

Humidity is 85-95%. I have my small neps in a fish tank with a T8 and it's on a table up against a window. I keep it slightly cracked and a small table fan on low or high depending on temps outside the tank.

By tannerm
kirakira1 wrote:
tannerm wrote:
kirakira1 wrote: Mid 70's during the day and 60's at night. I believe so. I bought my last one from Native Exotics and it was extremely healthy and growing at a decent rate. I think it just got stressed when I moved into my apartment. It was still a baby so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Humidity is 85-95%. I have my small neps in a fish tank with a T8 and it's on a table up against a window. I keep it slightly cracked and a small table fan on low or high depending on temps outside the tank.

What about airflow specifically inside the tank tho? I find that's important

By kirakira1
tannerm wrote:
kirakira1 wrote:
tannerm wrote: What about humidity though? And light?

Well I keep the fan right in front of the cracked part of the tank facing up towards it. I like to believe it's decent airflow, but I could be wrong.

By tannerm
kirakira1 wrote:
tannerm wrote:
kirakira1 wrote: Humidity is 85-95%. I have my small neps in a fish tank with a T8 and it's on a table up against a window. I keep it slightly cracked and a small table fan on low or high depending on temps outside the tank.

Well I keep the fan right in front of the cracked part of the tank facing up towards it. I like to believe it's decent airflow, but I could be wrong.

sounds like it should be fine. Hmmmm. What was the move like for the plant? Wouldn't it just receive the same conditions regardless?

By kirakira1
tannerm wrote:
kirakira1 wrote:
tannerm wrote: What about airflow specifically inside the tank tho? I find that's important

sounds like it should be fine. Hmmmm. What was the move like for the plant? Wouldn't it just receive the same conditions regardless?

I went from a West facing window to only having North facing windows and I moved right before it was winter. I like to believe that's why lol

By tannerm
kirakira1 wrote:
tannerm wrote:
kirakira1 wrote: Well I keep the fan right in front of the cracked part of the tank facing up towards it. I like to believe it's decent airflow, but I could be wrong.

I went from a West facing window to only having North facing windows and I moved right before it was winter. I like to believe that's why lol

Oh that's a bummer. Sorry to hear that :(

By kirakira1
Sorry about that!

By tannerm
Smooter80 wrote:Enough with the quotes please !! You're making the thread really long and hard to follow. ;)

The lowii looks very nice.
Never. #quotelife

By cjpflaumer
Just curious, where did you pick this one up? Looks good. I'm recovering a lowii from spider mite infestation. Best of luck with the new one!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Input on Neps placement

Would you folks recommend putting my plants outdoo[…]

should be fine, springtails make their way into co[…]

I have a Viparspectra v1000 in my grow area, about[…]

Hello from New England

Welcome

Finally!!! Rain!!!!

You should check Craig's List for plastic, food-g[…]

I notice that the tds readings of my tapwater can […]

New to carnivorous plants!

I wonder if the fibers death cube traps come in no[…]

CalCarn Hitchhiker

It's too soon to be able to provide a positive ID.[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!