FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Jonathan_
I have a question for anyone who knows about Eastern Canadian weather and VFT's. I have heard of some people in Ontario keeping their Trumpet pitchers out all winter with no problems of them coming back from dormancy in the spring with no mulching. Is this possible for VFT's as well? Can you acclimitize them to get used to the winters here out East in Nova Scotia? I know you can with Sarrs from the Carolinas but with Fly Traps? It does dip to -10 Celsius or lower sometimes during winter.
By Engimal
I wouldn't be too worried. I'm from Tasmania, Australia and it gets to -10c in the winter here, and my flytraps have always been fine outside. I only really bring them in if there's a frost predicted overnight, and even then that's me being protective. I know others around here let their flytraps go through frosts. I don't know much about your weather other than the temperatures you've told me, but I would think they'd be okay.

I'm sure someone who's not on the other side of the world would have a better understanding of Canada's climate than me though. :p
Is this a steal?

That larger one is quite nice for that price, yes,[…]

Is This What To Look For?

I have decided since my first attempt worked out s[…]

Hello from Arkansas!

Welcome man!

I dont know if this is too much but can you also a[…]

Hello, I would like to request D. capensis "[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1666. I'll PM[…]

New cultivar potential?

This plant always has something in its mouth :rol[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!