FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about your orchids and share photos of them here

Moderator: Matt

By bijillon
Phalenopsis, no id, repot to bark media and a little moss keep on the drier side to sum up the care of it

Happy Growing,

Dillon
bijillon liked this
By Fishkeeper
They should be fine in that level of humidity. If you place them over a tray of water (elevated so the pots aren't in the water) it'll raise the humidity and they'll be happier, but they're fairly hardy houseplant orchids.
Fishkeeper liked this
By Wikiwakawakawee
Raistlarn wrote:I saw your thread Wikiwakawakawee. I will most likely mount them later. I was also wondering if anyone tried mounting a orchid in a kokedama.
I actually have! The only thing is that kokedama style was pretty hard to maintain in my living environment at the time (Phoenix, AZ) I tried it with many plants but they all dried out very quickly for me. Maybe if i leave the ball in a container with water in it so its always moist in stead of hanging it from the ceiling would be better.
Just found the thread I made actually :D (Scroll down towards the bottom to see pictures I posted)
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/post2 ... ma#p202109
Wikiwakawakawee liked this
By Raistlarn
So I have another question. I repotted my Phals, and cut off all the dead/rotten roots, but I came across something that isn't mentioned. On a few of my plans there were roots that didn't have any green on them, they were a tannish white, and they were hard like green healthy roots. I left those roots on, because they weren't dead. Could they be normal roots that lost all their chlorophyll, and should I worry about them?
By Fishkeeper
Those are regular roots. Not all of them have chlorophyl, especially if they've been kept with their roots covered. They should turn bright silvery-green if watered, that's how you can tell they're healthy roots.
Fishkeeper liked this
By bijillon
To add to fish keeper, they will turn green when exposed to light. Imagine making sun absorbers on places that don't get sun.

Wants:
Pinguiculas
Nepenthes!

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!