FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Got a carnivorous plant and you don't know what it is? Ask here!

Moderator: Matt

By Fishkeeper
It's definitely a Nepenthes, but there's no way to tell what type without a closer-up, clearly focused picture of the pitchers.
By Nightwing42540
Fishkeeper wrote:It's definitely a Nepenthes, but there's no way to tell what type without a closer-up, clearly focused picture of the pitchers.
The pitchers are really dry, but it's growing a new one.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
By Wikiwakawakawee
It's still pretty difficult to ID it when the pitchers are so small. But hey, if it came labeled as N. Ventricosa, then it most probably is. Or it might be mislabeled and be a ventrata, either way, it will most likely be one of those two. :)
By Nightwing42540
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:It's still pretty difficult to ID it when the pitchers are so small. But hey, if it came labeled as N. Ventricosa, then it most probably is. Or it might be mislabeled and be a ventrata, either way, it will most likely be one of those two. :)
Ok thank you!

By nate7891
Hey nightwing, I made the same purchase as you a few weeks ago. Did you keep it in the same media that it came in? Mine was also labeled ventricosa so I'm hoping it actually is so I don't grow this plant Nepenthes thinking it's a species that it actually turns out not to be.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
By Nightwing42540
nate7891 wrote:Hey nightwing, I made the same purchase as you a few weeks ago. Did you keep it in the same media that it came in? Mine was also labeled ventricosa so I'm hoping it actually is so I don't grow this plant Nepenthes thinking it's a species that it actually turns out not to be.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I did not keep it in the same media I bought new sphagnum and a new pot.

By Nightwing42540
Wikiwakawakawee wrote:It's still pretty difficult to ID it when the pitchers are so small. But hey, if it came labeled as N. Ventricosa, then it most probably is. Or it might be mislabeled and be a ventrata, either way, it will most likely be one of those two. :)
Are these pitchers dying and will they be able to recover?

By Fishkeeper
The pitchers are dying, which isn't surprising given that it's been repotted. It'll grow new ones very quickly when it perks back up.
By nimbulan
The ID is probably correct, but the plant's going to need to put on some size before it can be properly confirmed. Immature pitchers on Nepenthes often have a very generic appearance and are not useful for identifying the species/hybrid.

I got my 1st flytrap in 2019 a King Henry. I grow […]

Trying My Hand With TC

So any sggestions, guidance, etc,?

is this normal for a d capensis?

the center is a swirly and some bits turned black.[…]

Input on Neps placement

My traps and sundews do much better once they g[…]

Only 3 days in the mail, and it arrived today! Th[…]

So much work!!! I love it!

I should have it all ready to list in June, but we[…]

Tissue Culture Project 2023

I know it has been just over a year. If you are st[…]

andynorth's Grow/want list

Did anyone else take advantage of Matt's sale last[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!