FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By Sakaaaaa
This post will consist of 2 sections, one for my freshwater outdoor pond and my indoor saltwater aquarium.
[Freshwater]
I'm going to get some fish for my pond. It's currently filled with swordtails and platys. around 50/60 gallons, 100x40x40 cm (160,000cc). My goal for this is to create an environment similar to nature's, so, no filters, lots of plants, muddy bottom, etc. etc. Gets filled by rain every day. Reeds, taro, water cabbage. Lots of it. Water's clear, fish are breeding by themselves, breeding population of snails (a bit too much). Planning to get a clown loach to clean up some of the snails. I used to have some carp which got eaten by dang cats. What fish can I get?

[Saltwater]
I want some corals and maybe fish/inverts for my saltwater tank. It's 50 gallons, 100x40x50. Filled with random fish that are not supposed to be there that my dang fish store gave me which I want to get rid of, honestly, but the fish store doesn't do returns. What is supposed to be there, are 1 coral banded shrimp, 2 camel shrimp, 1 sea cucumber, 1 blue damsel, 1 blue and gold damselfish, 1 valentini puffer, 2 black and white damselfish, and 1 java damsel, which in some magical way don't fight. This tank has magical powers, I kid you not, every fish that's aggressive and is destined to ruin the tank dies within a day or 2, like that time a dragon wrasse died with no body found. Amazing. Looking to get some plate corals. What other corals should I get?
By Sakaaaaa
Hungry Plants wrote:What is the temp of you pond?

The puffer and the camel shrimp eat coral
Yes, I am aware of that. The camel shrimp only eat my ricordeas and shrooms though. What corals does the puffer eat? It seems like nothing is getting eaten
By Hungry Plants
Sakaaaaa wrote:
Hungry Plants wrote:What is the temp of you pond?

The puffer and the camel shrimp eat coral
Yes, I am aware of that. The camel shrimp only eat my ricordeas and shrooms though. What corals does the puffer eat? It seems like nothing is getting eaten

Normally they eat stonies
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!