FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about terrariums, mini bogs, greenhouses and other growing environments

Moderator: Matt

By Salute flytraps234
Hi guys here is my set up it's still a work in progress but it includes an aquarium led light and a desk fan and the temperature is cool at night and day temps good, the rest of my supplies for my set up has not arrived yet I will make an update when it is complete.ImageImageImagedesk top fanImageled light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Raistlarn
I have a setup like this, and I can tell you that you will need 2-3 times as many fans to stop the mold that will form. Also you will want to plastic in the bottom or you will have moisture on your floor. If you do plastic the bottom you will need to find a way to cool it otherwise there will be heat buildup in the system, especially in the summer9if they're warm).

On another note. What are you growing inside the greenhouse.
By Aozora
Raistlarn wrote:I have a setup like this, and I can tell you that you will need 2-3 times as many fans to stop the mold that will form. Also you will want to plastic in the bottom or you will have moisture on your floor. If you do plastic the bottom you will need to find a way to cool it otherwise there will be heat buildup in the system, especially in the summer9if they're warm).

On another note. What are you growing inside the greenhouse.
mold does not form on sphagnum moss (at least i have never seen it, and i keep some moss in containers with 0 airflow)
By Raistlarn
If you are growing highland neps or almost any carnivorous plant you will have elevated humidity(60-80% humidity.) Humidity is all mold needs to take hold, and once it does it's nearly impossible to get rid of it. Take it from someone who had o throw their first mini greenhouse away due to mold issues. Now I run 4 fans inside my new greenhouse, which doesn't allow any condensation to build on the walls (unless my humidity controller starts acting up.)
By Wikiwakawakawee
Raistlarn wrote:If you are growing highland neps or almost any carnivorous plant you will have elevated humidity(60-80% humidity.) Humidity is all mold needs to take hold, and once it does it's nearly impossible to get rid of it. Take it from someone who had o throw their first mini greenhouse away due to mold issues. Now I run 4 fans inside my new greenhouse, which doesn't allow any condensation to build on the walls (unless my humidity controller starts acting up.)
That's odd... I never had any problems with mold in my mini greenhouse and I have no air flow in there whatsoever. the humidity is always around 80% in there and it gets pretty warm, since its kind of a low land set up. :?:
Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!