FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Luchiano
Good morning! So, I purchased a d adelae a month or two ago, and recently it has gone from its super happy, perky state to this sort of droopy, exhausted state. It happened out of nowhere and I'm not sure how to fix it.
I give it water, sunlight, and humidity is fine (I live in Hawaii lol) anyways if you guys have any idea why its like this please help me! It used to look amazing, and still sorta does but I just dont like how the leaves touch the moss and are hanging over.
I repotted the plant a few days ago, but this happened before the repot. All ideas and comments are much appreciated! :)
Attachments:
Adelae.jpg
Adelae.jpg (170.87 KiB) Viewed 1483 times
By fattytuna
I've had the same experience with my plants. The plants are always happy and well acclimated to their growing conditions before suddenly declining. In my experience, the plants usually recover by themselves in a few weeks.
fattytuna liked this
By Fishkeeper
Is it getting distilled water or rainwater? Looks a bit dry to me.

I don't know if they're even legal, but if you ever get any D. Capensis, for the love of the natural order don't let them spread any seeds anywhere! They're invasive in their native habitat, I'd hate to see what they'd do in Hawaii.

(though, come to think of it, maybe they'd get big enough to eat all the invasive chickens)
Fishkeeper liked this
By Luchiano
Fishkeeper wrote:Is it getting distilled water or rainwater? Looks a bit dry to me.

I don't know if they're even legal, but if you ever get any D. Capensis, for the love of the natural order don't let them spread any seeds anywhere! They're invasive in their native habitat, I'd hate to see what they'd do in Hawaii.

(though, come to think of it, maybe they'd get big enough to eat all the invasive chickens)

D Capensis are legal here! I own one actually, a huge adult that has flowers currently. Either way I laughed at your comment :P

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!