FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By uusa2000
What kind of light conditions are those deep colored vft cultivars (aki ryu, maroon monster) under? I've read that when they're healthy and fed, they get green as green. And when starved/hungry the whole plant will stay red. I need help on this topic. I have Aki ryu, maroon monster cultivars coming and I don't want them going green..:)

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk
By Salute flytraps234
It's not. Based on feeding, if you give akai ryu, and maroon monster more light like full light they turn red, and stay red. Hope that helps

Happy growing: Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By uusa2000
Im curious because before my red dragons went dormant, they were turning green instead of red. And the sun was bright.. I don't want them to lose that deep colour

By Salute flytraps234
It's probably part of the dormancy period, the same happened to me the leaves where green , and now the new spring leaves are red

By Salute flytraps234
Okay then give more lights, in the winter days are shorter so your plant should be red very soon

By boarderlib
Smooter80 wrote:Fall-Winter is when I have the most color on my VFTs. The daylight hours are much shorter so I assume their are other factors involved.
If you believe what the herbal growers say, it's because the sun puts out more red color band in the fall.

uusa2000 wrote:Im curious because before my red dragons went dormant, they were turning green instead of red. And the sun was bright.. I don't want them to lose that deep colour

A couple weeks in the sun, and they should color back up. My Maroon Monster was in the fridge for three months, it came out 60% green. A couple weeks later the signature color is back.

http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/board ... 30434.html
http://www.flytrapcare.com/phpBB3/board ... 31990.html
Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!