FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Salute flytraps234
Hi guys Salute flytraps234 here I would like any tips on to grow Venus flytraps from seeds, and yes I did my research on methods just show me what you guys do so I can get I inspiration to make my own method thank you and good night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By bijillon
The best way I got my seeds to germinate, 100%, but there are Also other factors like seed quality, I use a Starbucks cup, have I not said was weird yet, well it is. So I take a Starbucks cup, not a venti but maybe a tall, I fill it with sphagnum moss, pure 100%, I put the seeds where I want them, I can usually do like 10 in a cup. Then you put the lid on, I like to use the cups because it keeps humidity but also has a vent at the top, I found that mine germinated in less than a week with this method. Good luck!

Happy Growing,

Dillon
By MichaelGuardian
Vfts are fairly easy to grow from seed. I just grow mine in a soil mix of even parts of peat and perlite. Keep the soil moist and warm. Warmer temperature and humidity encourages getmination. I usually just put a cup over my pot and take it off once in a while to let in fresh air. If everything is done correctly, they should germinate in around 2 weeks.

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!