FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Tarzanus
I thought I would test my Drosera (Alba and Typical) seeds for germination. I grabbed an ice cream container and filled it with some cheap peat. After just a few days, there were hundreds of tiny seedlings and now, after a bit over a month,...

I guess germination test was a success :lol:
By Fishman
So i take it, you have both Alba, and reds in there together? Looks like one of my big outdoor pots. I call it "the killing fields". Its full of dead bugs...
By Tarzanus
Typical and Alba and even some that were growing together outside that could get mixed. It is quite interesting that Alba seems to take the lead in the beginning, growing faster than typical D. capensis seedlings. I started misting them with rain water and all the seedlings started growing much faster. Before that, they stopped growing and turned dark red (Typicals). Looks like there were some nutrients in it. :)
Water TDS was around ~30

I'm going to introduce this wild carnivores to flies, mosquitoes and other flying bloodsuckers in the summer. They seem to be very effective when strategically positioned next to the light source. There shall be peaceful BBQ, I hope... :)

Sure, the more the merrier! Just remember to add t[…]

Ah! If possible, then, could I add the mixed dros[…]

Oddly shaped Sarr

Hey all, a couple of pitchers came up with corkscr[…]

May 2024 Photo Contest - In the Bog

Here’s my big! Established in late 2021 Fi[…]

Does this Rooting hormone work for Byblis?

I’ve grown Byblis for a while but never trie[…]

That looks something like mineral burn. What subst[…]

Nepenthes cold shock?

I'm just dipping my toes into the world of nepenth[…]

New to carnivorous plants!

I have two little pots (the ones they came from L[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!