FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By kartupelis
I've been too busy with university work and I've kind of deviated to growing chillies. He he! Here's how my plants look like now - after my grandmother has been taking care of them. All of the credit goes to her and here green fingers.

This started as one and a half of another plant which I divided at the start of spring.
Now it's a bush. He he!

There is other dionea which is in a single pot that's rapidly blackening but I think it's due to being too dry. Will be getting up to health with it.

It's not much and not as exciting as other's plants but I love them and this community. Max respect to all of you growers and enthusiasts!
kartupelis liked this
By stevelau1911
How do you grow traps so that they develop big traps, but shorter leaves? Mine tend to not make very big traps, but like to make longer leaves.
By kartupelis
stevelau1911 wrote:How do you grow traps so that they develop big traps, but shorter leaves? Mine tend to not make very big traps, but like to make longer leaves.
You have to give them lots of sun. These are grown outside 24/7. The short leaves are up to the variety. This is a regular but lumped together with its divisions.

Sent from my FREEDOM X1 using Tapatalk
By idog24
Nice looking plants:D im in the same boat as you. I need to take care of my flytraps while getting good grades in uni! But luckily they're a bit easier to take care of when dormant! Mine are just going dormant now.

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Order received. Your order number is 1645. I'll PM[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Thanks for your input ChefDean! Great idea. It wil[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!