FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By Rosekitten
So recently I bought a Dinoaea (common?), S. Purpurea Venosa, and a Drosera capensis.. well a few mishaps here and there and I am unsure if my plants will pull through over all. I am trying everything I can at the moment and ordered the correct type of moss to hope it'll save them in the long run. Rookie mistake and I'm a bit upset at myself that I didn't look more into the moss I ordered or didn't think it was strange it didn't look like the moss I knew I needed.

So I was curious if anyone had any spare seeds about? I am getting the light I need in tomorrow to help grow seeds so even if no one can spare any here I have plans to buy some various types in a few weeks (with the proper moss and everything set up... I feel terrible).

But either way.. thanks to everyone on the forums who has been helping me figure out what was wrong with my poor plants and what I could do for them.
By cjpflaumer
I have two Capensis flowering right now I'm sure I will have plenty to spare but it's probably a couple weeks out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
By Rosekitten
I would be grateful! I'm not really rushing it as I am still trying to make these little plants make it yet. I'm not ready to give up on them if they have a chance. Also that'll give me time to finish ordering my containers and prepping them for seeds. I figured seeds might be easier to handle instead of shipping a plant after the stress these ones seemed to go through and the capensis I have didn't look too well off from the start. :< Poor little thing..
By cjpflaumer
I am happy to help. I hope your plants pull through though. Seed is yours either way. Capensis seed is so tiny. Like a spec of dust tiny. And it will take them a little while to mature.
By cjpflaumer
Rosekitten wrote:Maybe that is why the young adult I thought I ordered was so small. but I have been told they are hardy so there is hope.
I think they will. I saw the pictures. Capensis can die down to no visible plant and still come back. As long as youre providing the right conditions.
By kjnorris918
I have some extra burmannii and binata seed that I received from a generous grower here if your interested. :)

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
By Rosekitten
cjpflaumer wrote: I think they will. I saw the pictures. Capensis can die down to no visible plant and still come back. As long as youre providing the right conditions.
Yeah, but with the moss mix up I hope they can recover from the damage that seems to be on all the plants. >.< That is my bigger worry.
kjnorris918 wrote:I have some extra burmannii and binata seed that I received from a generous grower here if your interested. :)

I would happily take some if you are offering ^^ I would go and see about buying some seeds from the growers around here but with buying all this stuff to start everything off and with needing to get a few more things to properly tend to seeds and get them to grow I'm a bit tapped out. >.<
By kjnorris918
kjnorris918 wrote:I have some extra burmannii and binata seed that I received from a generous grower here if your interested. :)

I would happily take some if you are offering ^^ I would go and see about buying some seeds from the growers around here but with buying all this stuff to start everything off and with needing to get a few more things to properly tend to seeds and get them to grow I'm a bit tapped out. >.<
Send me a pm with your address and ill get them in the mail tomorrow or Friday by the latest. :)

By boarderlib
I have some spare Drosera seed. I'll have to look to see what types tonight when I get home. There's like six variety right now, and I have more flowering, and more drying. I'll PM you with the varieties I have available this afternoon/evening. I would be more than happy to send you some out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
By Rosekitten
I'll have to get up with everyone with a address. We moved recently so mail is still a sorting out thing. haha... But asap I'll get that sorted.

Also thank you all for the help!
By MichaelGuardian
I have a bunch of drosera intermdedia seeds, if you want some, u can send me a SASE and i'll fill it up with like 50+ seeds. But they are temperate, so you have to cold stratify them.
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!