FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By Smooter80
I love me some FTS flytraps. It's so nice to get properly potted plants whenever I order from them. A few pots of baby flytraps, the rest a different cultivars. All are doing good/great except for Long Red Fingers. I'm not sure why. I may try to loosen the moss a little and see if it does better.

The temps got above 105 with humidity in the low teens most of last week so I moved them to my front porch for some afternoon shade. I'm painting trays or switching to white trays to keep the sun off of the pots, especially for the plants that get 12+ hours of direct sun. Target had some nice 12 quart white dish trays for $1.87 so I bought a bunch. They are fairly tall but not perfectly flat at the bottom. For the price they are great.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 3260 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (978.09 KiB) Viewed 3260 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (816.82 KiB) Viewed 3260 times
Thanks for looking.
By cjpflaumer
That looks great!
I found a smaller dishpan at Walmart, its 8qt instead of the 12qt at Target and that gives you a lower side height which I liked. 94 cents. Fits at least 6 plants. I feel like the taller the tray is the more heat it would hold but this is not backed by actual temperature measurements.

By the way I love the balancing act on the railing. Its kinda stressing me out haha.
By Smooter80
cjpflaumer wrote:That looks great!
I found a smaller dishpan at Walmart, its 8qt instead of the 12qt at Target and that gives you a lower side height which I liked. 94 cents. Fits at least 6 plants. I feel like the taller the tray is the more heat it would hold but this is not backed by actual temperature measurements.

By the way I love the balancing act on the railing. Its kinda stressing me out haha.
Lol. They were just balanced like that for the photos.

I'll check those 8 quart trays out for shorter pots. I have some plants in taller pots and the taller sides block more sun.
By Smooter80
Trapped wrote:Ha, ha, and I meant how old are most of those plants, not the trays.
I bought these plants this spring as starter plants. Some have grown a lot and it's possible some were upgraded to larger sizes because of large orders. Some of the plants in the Pot of Flytraps have doubled or tripled in size already. As for the actual age, maybe Matt or Leah could chime in.

Lyra request U. calcyfida Bonus N. + finlaysoniana[…]

What do you use the alcohol for? And what percen[…]

1 year old cape!

I would really be interested in getting some see[…]

Lee’s Botanical Gardens has some drosera for[…]

Better-Gro LFSM

I show Lowes carrying both, although I had not s[…]

Rosemary Oil Miticide

The Rasta Bob's link doesn't work. I may have to […]

Garden_Nymph Requests - Cancelled

Got it. TY. I will repost this Wed. I wasnt sure. […]

Oh, I know flavas are large, given the photos of t[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!