FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By Benurmanii
Kaila wrote:sorry just to be sure

algal = algae?
Yes, algal blooms usually refer to algae that takes over in bodies of water when excess phosphorous and nitrogen are present. Similar occurence happens in nepenthes pitchers if given too much maxsea. It is easier to use maxsea on Nepenthes roots.
By Kaila
Benurmanii wrote:
Kaila wrote:sorry just to be sure

algal = algae?
Yes, algal blooms usually refer to algae that takes over in bodies of water when excess phosphorous and nitrogen are present. Similar occurence happens in nepenthes pitchers if given too much maxsea. It is easier to use maxsea on Nepenthes roots.
I've had an experience before where there's like actual green slime on my pot. Have you ever seen those? are those algae still?
By Kaila
w03 wrote:I've tried it with terrestrial and epiphytic Utricularia, various Drosera, Genlisea hispidula, a few Mexican Pinguicula, andByblis liniflora. With any of the sticky plants I'm using it as a foliar feed, and with others just poured into the soil. It seems to cause a lot of algal growth sometimes so it's probably not wise to use too often, and overly high concentrations can harm the plants like any other fertilizer.
Ok I'm a bit nervous on my first fertilizing session - may I ask how what kind of mix you use for maxsea? the instructions on the back of the can measures by the gallon and I'm pretty sure I don't need that much. haha. Also what do you do with the extra fertilizer that you won't be able to use?
By gsilviusrose
Just a quick update: all baby pings are alive and thriving! :mrgreen: They have all nearly doubled in size, and are happily trapping their own food! :twisted:
gsilviusrose liked this
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!