FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Gambit00
I'm not sure the best time for repotting Venus flytraps but I decided to repot my 4 typicals today. This is just 2 of them after separating and repotting. I thought all 4 plants would fit in one pot but it looks like I'm going to need more media. It's just pure long fiber sphagnum moss.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (829.85 KiB) Viewed 2002 times
Sort of closer view, I had to cut off one flower stalk. I planted that too.
Sort of closer view, I had to cut off one flower stalk. I planted that too.
image.jpeg (886.35 KiB) Viewed 2002 times
By Gambit00
Thank you I hope so! Do you know how long it takes them to stop sulking or being limp after a repotting? The larger traps are usually more upright than that
By Matt
Gambit00 wrote:Do you know how long it takes them to stop sulking or being limp after a repotting?
Normally the traps stay the way the are, more or less, after the potting. You'll have to wait for new growth for it to look normal again. But this time of year, new growth should be coming quite soon and frequently.
Matt liked this
By Gambit00
Aww okay that sort of makes me regret it but they really did need to be repotted. Here's my other 2, I expect them to wilt just as much then. They're only inside until I repot them. The flower stalks will be cut off when they're repotted.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (507.67 KiB) Viewed 1927 times
By Leathal_Traps
Next year I would recommend repotting earlier before they start to flower. Yours already seem to be in active growth. If you repot while they are dormant they won't even notice. Regardless they look really nice.
By Gambit00
The Weather here has been crazy, scorching hot one week then cold rain storms the next week. I'm sure all my plants are confused out there. I usually cut off all the dead parts so all the new stuff has room to grow. I just finished dividing and repotting the last 2. These ones did not wilt as much as the other 2.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (685.8 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
Blurry aerial view. There's some fallen off leaves, cut flower stalks and a few babies in there as well.
Blurry aerial view. There's some fallen off leaves, cut flower stalks and a few babies in there as well.
image.jpeg (730.56 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
The rest of the babies I plucked off the larger plants. Is it normal for babies to spawn off it like that? They all had their own roots.
The rest of the babies I plucked off the larger plants. Is it normal for babies to spawn off it like that? They all had their own roots.
image.jpeg (749.7 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
This one had some nice sized traps on it
This one had some nice sized traps on it
image.jpeg (585.28 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (635.52 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
These are my darkest red traps
These are my darkest red traps
image.jpeg (724.59 KiB) Viewed 1884 times
Gambit00 liked this
Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!