FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By silvercomet
Hi everyone,

So I have this question popped up in my mind when my friend in the US, after seeing my deep interest in CPs in general, would like to acquire some plants for me from Flytrapstore. I did email @Matt the last 3 weeks or so but maybe it was lost in tons of emails that Matt received and I probably should have sent to sales@flytrapcare.com instead.

Anyway, the situation is that my friend is coming back to Vietnam for summer vacation and so she would like to order some VFTs and bring them back to me here. That is much easier for me to order tissue culture anyway and getting at least a starter plant is probably much better than TS in terms of hardiness. So my question here is if my friend order from flytrapstore several VFTs then later pack them to go out of the USA, how is the process should be done in terms of getting plants out of the US soil. Does my friend have to purchase a Phytosanitary Certificate and will that certificate be even valid for a VFT in pot instead of in tissue culture?

I can take care from the custom side in Vietnam here from my end, my niece works at the customs so she has shown me the way to getting permit already so I only worry about getting the plant out of USA as it's on the CITES list.

If anyone knows the proper process, please let me know,

Thank you very much,

Steve
silvercomet liked this
By Matt
Sorry I didn't respond! I don't recall getting your email.

As for the process of getting plants out of the US, I don't think anything is necessary. The problem comes when you land in a new country and have to go through customs. You'll need to contact the government agency in the country you want to import INTO in order to find out what might be required.

At the very least, they will probably require Phytosanitary Certificate and CITES. An import permit might also be required.
Matt liked this

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!