FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By Cleo_13
I took a trip to the New York Botanical Garden with my college's horticulture club today. Lots of neat plants there! When I'm not so tired I'll post a few pictures in a different thread. While I was in the gift shop, I noticed a shelf of carnivorous plants and bought the only two that weren't vfts. One of them was a butterwort that was only labeled 3' yellow butterwort, but has a flower that definitely isn't yellow. It is planted in very wet lfs, as far as I can tell. I'm keeping it covered by the plastic cup that was over it until I learn what it is and (more importantly) how to grow it. I got a few pictures. The flower isn't quite open, but is white with a purplish tint. When it opens, I'll get a good picture of it.
Attachments:
2016-04-02 001 140 (640x480).jpg
2016-04-02 001 140 (640x480).jpg (36.91 KiB) Viewed 1858 times
By w03
Definitely P. primuliflora. Wet lfs or peat/sand mixture (with lots of sand) works well. It's not particularly picky but likes to stay wet with some decent humidity. Once the flower dies you can snip the stalk and use it for flower stalk cuttings.
w03 liked this
By Cleo_13
I have a question on lighting. I'm keeping a plastic cup over the pot until I get home because my dorm room has really low humidity, and because of that I'm keeping it out of direct sunlight to keep it from overheating. When It gets to it's permanent location, how much sunlight will it want?

You can also buy the Gubler's LFSM at Lowe's, on[…]

Garden_Nymph Requests - Cancelled

Got it. TY. I will repost this Wed. I wasnt sure. […]

Oh, I know flavas are large, given the photos of t[…]

Hello all, I am looking to rapidly expand my drose[…]

No, you'll need to come back in May to make a requ[…]

in the mailbox. https://i.imgur.com/AkF0VlP.jpeg[…]

Is there a reason you overlooked flytrapstore.[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has fo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!