FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Tarzanus
I've planted cuttings into moss I found some time ago. I grew the moss in low light place where it tripled it's mass, but ended up brown and dead looking in the end. I have cut it to a couple of centimeters long fibers and planted Drosera capensis cuttings in it. I knew it's alive, but have had no idea it will respond that way, when I placed it into new jar under bright light.

Anyone knows what kind of moss this is? I just know it looks completely different than the moss I gathered some time ago. That one looked bushy, this one looks more... stringy :lol:

Link - check last 3 pictures

Otherwise it's the best, holds water like a champ. I used it only because I've had no LFS or peat available and had to act fast. I'm thinking about growing it some more. :D

PS: I'm thinking mnium or plagiomium of some kind...
By Tarzanus
After research and considering that it was found here in Central Europe, I think it's Plagiomnium affine (aka. ASTROPHYLLUM CUSPIDATUM, Bryum aciphyllum, Bryum affine, Mnium affine, Mnium cuspidatum)

On photos from the internet, the moss looks very similar. I guess I'll know for sure if someone here knows more or when it starts reproducing. It looks nice. :D

I'd like to see how normal traps look on that plan[…]

Hey everyone, I'm starting to sell the majority of[…]

Hi from FNQ.

Welcome. Be sure to check out the seedbank. Free s[…]

Question about flytraps

They should not die, unless you do something extre[…]

Drosera seeds in water?

Don't know about the peroxide, either. I have trie[…]

If you keep your plants outside, they will feed th[…]

You might also run into problems with the plant […]

Kinetin vs BAP ?

Can Kinetin be an adequate substitution for BA[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!