FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Earthy
here's some recent pics of my seedlings. not sure but I think they seem to be doing better since I took them off the seedling mat. but dang do they grow slow lol...

my first pot of seedlings. these are seedlings from a 2013 and 2014 seed packs (on your right) and seeds from a trade with Adam (iamjacksplants) on the left side:

my second pot of seedlings (and a bit younger than the first). the 2 rows of seedlings are Polish Dracula x DC XL on your right, and Red Line x Maroon Monster on your left. the others are crosses that didn't do well but I'm trying again with new seeds:

my largest Polish Dracula x DC XL seedling:

my largest seedlings from the new batch. Polish Dracula x DC XL on your right, Red Line x Maroon Monster on your left:

my big Dark Knight x Pink Sawtooth cross seedling:

a couple of my large seedlings from the 2013 and 2014 seed batch:

this little one is getting really red lol. not sure if it would be considered a red seedling?

does everything look well? should I move the lights farther away from the little ones? right now they are about 7" away...and also should I keep my mix of 2 6500K lights and one 3100K light (I have them alternated on the fixture. would the plants be picking up both spectrums or just more of the one they are under?) thanks for looking! :P
Earthy liked this
By Earthy
question...would putting a humidity "dome" (by dome I mean a DQ sundae boat cover with holes punched in it lol) over the seedlings help them to "breathe" when the humidity is low? our humidity is getting down to 28-30% here lately...
By Earthy
updated pic of my newest seedlings! of course, on your right are the Polish Dracula x DC XL seedlings, and on your left are the Red Line x Maroon Monster seedlings (with a couple of runts that are still holding on and growing lol). they've been under the new T5 HO light fixture. the mix is a bit perlite heavy (my bad!) but they seem to be doing fine and getting big. the largest ones are almost the size of a dime and they are only 3 months I believe?
By midwestprospector
Earthy wrote:updated pic of my newest seedlings! of course, on your right are the Polish Dracula x DC XL seedlings, and on your left are the Red Line x Maroon Monster seedlings
Looking very good and healthy! I just planted some Polish Dracula x DCXL myself, should be a good cross. Of all the crosses I've grown, my largest and fastest growers always seem to come from a DCXL or Maroon Monster cross, so you could have some baby giants there!
By Earthy
midwestprospector wrote: Looking very good and healthy! I just planted some Polish Dracula x DCXL myself, should be a good cross. Of all the crosses I've grown, my largest and fastest growers always seem to come from a DCXL or Maroon Monster cross, so you could have some baby giants there!
Ya know, Hollyhock and I were just discussing this lol. We've noticed that little fact as well. which is why our newest seed crosses are Big Vigorous x DC XL lol...I'm hoping to get some nice ones to sell out of all of these...maybe have a special one or two to hold onto and have the "next big thing" lol...but, a CP grower can dream, right? :)
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!