FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Benurmanii
So far, my two D. spiralis I have recieved from NE have been doing quite well, seem be getting close to fully acclimated. However, they pots they are in are quite narrow, and I think they are about 3 inches tall.

So, is it going to be time for a repot? Or can I wait for a bit? The tips of the first leaves that grew under my care seem to be already starting on their way out (they are only a couple weeks old), is this a sign that the roots are getting crowded?
Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg (379.78 KiB) Viewed 1848 times
By Benurmanii
Either or, I noticed that the pot on sundews-etc was not very tall, just wide. However, I am not familiar with how sundews' roots grow. I don't see any roots poking out of the bottom of the pots they are currently in, should I take this as a sign that they are ok so far?
By Morpheus
Most of my dews have roots that grow straight down rather than outwards. They seem to appreciate taller pots. If I can find a link to the ones I use I'll post it.

Another benefit to more narrow pots is that you can oftentimes fit more plants in an area, as long as you're not overcrowding..
Morpheus liked this
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!