FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By katya_dog1
Stunning! The color on the Cephalotus and Heliamphora is great!
katya_dog1 liked this
By chevyguy8893
Just a quick photo update. Some of the plants are the ones I took pictures of early on, and others are just to show some of the other plants growing under this light. I will be building a new terrarium next weekend (hopefully), so I wanted to get new photos since the environment is going to change.

ImageHeliamphora chimantensis by Adam B., on Flickr

ImageHeliamphora nutans by Adam B., on Flickr

ImageCephalotus follicularis 'Hummer's giant' by Adam B., on Flickr

ImageHeliamphora arenicola x H. ionasi by Adam B., on Flickr

ImageHeliamphora nutans "giant" by Adam B., on Flickr

ImageCephalotus follicularis by Adam B., on Flickr
chevyguy8893 liked this
By bvalente
The plants look amazing! I am also using a LED grow light for my plants indoors. I have a 300w LED from MarsHydro and am having great results. Plants are coloring up very nice and the sundews producing a ton of dew. The Sarracenia love it, purpurea especially getting extremely deep red.

However, I have mine about 10-14" from the canopy.
bvalente liked this
By katya_dog1
That Chimantensis....
katya_dog1 liked this
By chevyguy8893
In a case of oddly good luck, I have flowers starting on two different Heliamphora :D. This is the first time I have had any Heliamphora flower, so it will take a bit of experimenting based on the information I have found to collect the pollen and cross pollinate them. At least I won't have to self pollinate them like I was thinking I would when the H. minor started flowering.

ImageHeliamphora arenicola x H. ionasi Flower by Adam B., on Flickr

ImageHeliamphora minor Flower by Adam B., on Flickr
By katya_dog1
That H. Minor looks really nice!
katya_dog1 liked this
By KissMegan
ps3isawesome wrote:do you have pictures of your grow space? I"m curious how much area can this light fixture cover?
Mine completely covers a 30in×24 in surface area
By chevyguy8893
KissMegan wrote:That's awesome! Your h. Minor are so dark!!!!
Thanks! I'm kinda wondering what an H. minor "burgundy black" would look like under this light seeing as that is just a regular clone.
ps3isawesome wrote:do you have pictures of your grow space? I"m curious how much area can this light fixture cover?
Currently I have mine covering a 2'x4' space at 24" for the fixture height above the pots, but it is listed as being capable of covering a 4'x4' area at 24". I doubt it would have any issues covering that amount of area adequately.

ImageGrowth Chamber by Adam B., on Flickr
By KissMegan
chevyguy8893 wrote:
KissMegan wrote:That's awesome! Your h. Minor are so dark!!!!
Thanks! I'm kinda wondering what an H. minor "burgundy black" would look like under this light seeing as that is just a regular clone.
Currently I have mine covering a 2'x4' space at 24" for the fixture height above the pots, but it is listed as being capable of covering a 4'x4' area at 24". I doubt it would have any issues covering that amount of area adequately.

ImageGrowth Chamber by Adam B., on Flickr
+1 that thing is powerful!
Saw a video on this light compared to several other of the better LEDs and this one did the best in all aspects of what they tested lights for or whatever haha
How cold is too cold

If the temperature stays above freezing, put them […]

Nepenthes cold shock?

Thanks, y’all!

Hello from New England

I'm new to keeping carnivorous plants. I always w[…]

Anyone find anything exceptional/underwhelming or […]

Greetings fellow enthusiasts! I've been intrigued […]

Sure, the more the merrier! Just remember to add t[…]

Ah! If possible, then, could I add the mixed dros[…]

Oddly shaped Sarr

Hey all, a couple of pitchers came up with corkscr[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!