FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By CPCaliLivin
Whats up members. I recently purchased two sarracenias from hd a week apart. I just wanted to show you guys the difference of a plant that has been in direct light for a week and a plant that has been in indirect light for the same amount of time.
Here is the one that I purchased 1 day ago.Image

Now here is the one I purchased about a week ago

Now here they are together

Somehow, in the pictures, they do not look a lot different, but if you were to see them in person, you would be amazed. Lol
By omnipercp15
As many times as I've been to both Lowes and HD, I've never seen any CPs at HD. However, all my local Lowes seems to carry them.

I am near enough to 2 or 3 that I would be able to visit practically every week and try to catch it when their new stock arrives. The winter stock is dwindling and I'm hoping to get some good choices in their new stock soon. As it is, I occassionally find some Sarracenias, but they look quite weak and leggy. I've seen some really good looking ones. The only problem was that I had not realized there were several pitcher varieties on sale, so I thought I had it already, and mine were just the younger versions.

So as we are nearing summer months, I hope the stock comes in and I can really pick and choose some great plants.

Your pictures do show some differences but I'm sure you have the best eye-view of them in person. Great job!

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!