FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By katya_dog1
BTW, do you have any divisions off your Leucophylla Baldwin co.?
By SFLguy
katya_dog1 wrote:BTW, do you have any divisions off your Leucophylla Baldwin co.?
Right now it's still tiny unfortunately, the only other growth point was making pitchers barely the size of my finger before going dormant so I'm not sure I'll be dividing it just yet, sorry, but I'll definitely keep you in mind, later in the season when everyone else's plants are waking up I'll probably be able to divide it
By katya_dog1
OK thanks!
By SFLguy
The Daina's Delight x Rosea is waking up with a horde of new pitchers, I'm loving this one though it seems to take very little after it's Rosea parent
The S. Oreophilla has been brought from campus to my home to prevent any future attempts of stealing pitchers and divisions. It is currently throwing up some spring pitchers.
SFLguy liked this
By SFLguy
The drawback being the short and light dormancy, some of my plants didn't go dormant :/
SFLguy liked this
By Goodkoalie
SFLguy wrote:The drawback being the short and light dormancy, some of my plants didn't go dormant :/
From what I have seen, the only plants that do not really go dormant are from a cooler climate. I think the plants learn after a season that it will not get colder for them, they have to go dormant while they can.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
By SFLguy
Surprisingly enough, the purps are plenty dormant while the Leuco decided to stay up
By katya_dog1
Can't wait to see that pitcher when it opens. :D Are the fall pitchers better for Leucophylla Baldwin co.? I seem to recall that some leucophylla pitchers are better in late summer/fall.
By SFLguy
I'm not sure, this will be my first spring with it, I imagine that it will have bigger growth than last growing season because it's settled in and it's getting bigger, but I've never heard of some Leucos having better spring/summer growth, maybe that could be the product of some other species having contributed it's genes further back in the plant's lineage
By katya_dog1
Yeah, I just read in the savage garden that leuco pitchers are bigger and better looking in the fall. But this was the same book that basically condemned polyethylene and metal hoop greenhouses, so I'll just take it with a grain of salt until I hear something from a more experienced grower.
By Goodkoalie
It is true that leucos and rubras have there best looking leaves in the fall, atleast for me.

Flavas and Oreos make there strongest leaves in the spring.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
By katya_dog1
Yeah, I knew about Flavas and Oreos making their best pitchers in the spring. How big do rubras get?
By SFLguy
Here's where having your plants so far away is really the worst, I came home for the weekend and one of my pitchers was rotting... Here's what I salvaged Image

And I plopped then into some lfsm, I'll spray some fungicide tomorrow...

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Finally

After a few nights in the 20s I can finally put th[…]

Hunting D. Binata

I'm hunting D. Binata Dichotoma Giant, D Binata Mu[…]

The plants will eat some of the mosquito larvae, b[…]

it says it can be reproduced vegetatively or by […]

It's slowly dying due to lack of light. These need[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!