FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Nepenthes plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By earlgrey
Wooah, it's been over a month haha, perfect time to post some updates on them!

Here's my N. Attenboroughii. I trimmed the sphagnum and it looks more aesthetically pleasing! Some of the sphagnum is beginning to turn a wine red as well. Anywho, within the last month, it finished developing that new pitcher it had last month and also made another. On top of having two new pitchers, it's actually forming another one as well and put out a new leaf. It's finally picking up for me. Leaves are staying compact and should begin getting larger within the next few months.

By earlgrey
Almost forgot my two N. Palawanensis! First off is my Palawanensis "tall". So far it has developed 3 new pitchers and is keeping its red shade in its leaves. All of the pitchers it had since i got it withered away already and Im planning to trim this one soon. As far as development goes, pitchers are staying tall and slender.

ImageImageImage

And now for the next one - my Palawanensis "squat". If you check out the older post on it, it had a damaged growth point but managed to grow a new one. That growth point grew out to a leaf but without a pitcher. The succeeding leaves came out much bigger and with hairs on the edges of the leaves. So far it had only two. All the older pitchers are gone except for one. It hasnt finished developing a new pitcher just yet, but from the looks of it, they are going to be hairy and squat. On another note, the color of this one stayed on the green side. No signs of developing any other coloration. Comparing it to the other one, they both put out 3 new leaves, but Palawan "tall" develops pitchers much faster.

By earlgrey
Hahaha it's been over a year since I kept up with this.

A lot has happened since then. Guess this could show growth in a year for these guys.

First off is my Attenboroughii. It was actually one of the plants that I almost lost during my move way back when. Growth tip died and it just had two leaves left. I kept it and just had it in my normal nepenthes conditions. Eventually it grew a basal and now this is what it looks like. Pretty much restarted with this one.

Here it is in a 3 in pot

All is well though! I Actually have two more now. Here's the smaller one with my initial Attenboroughii.

And the larger one that I really like in a 3.5 in pot

It also has teeth!!

On to my Palawanensis...

I mentioned that I had two forms. One was red and tall and the other green and squat.

The tall one developed a rich dark red color, growth stayed compact, and pitchers stayed small. It's also a slower grower compared to the other one.

In a 3.5 in pot

Gracile pitchers Image

The squat Palawanensis developed brownish/ greenish colors, had vigorous growth, and pitchers stayed squat and bulbous. It quickly outgrew the other.

3.5 in pot

A nice leaf jump

Some squat pitchers

Here's the two side by side

That'll be it for now. Hope you guys liked this mini update. Let me know what you guys think or any feedback at all! Probably won't post on this for another month or so. They are slow growers after all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Order received. Your order number is 1666. I'll PM[…]

Hello from Arkansas!

Welcome! (and I think it's my turn to say: ) Be su[…]

New cultivar potential?

This plant always has something in its mouth :rol[…]

Black tips on drosera regia

It's probably nothing, as the whole plant seems to[…]

Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

My 'Mimis Kiss' is finally growing pitchers again[…]

Hello , I can help with the Drosera if you are sti[…]

First flower stalk on VFT

I might let the biggest flower stalk flower but c[…]

I repotted some of the vft's from the flower stal[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!