FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Pinguicula care here

Moderator: Matt

By bannister
Pinguiculas are my new favorite plants, mainly because I can have many since they don't take up too much space! And they eat fungus gnats!
I'm curious because I own a few and prefer the bigger Pings (at least 2" big). I have a Titan, Morenensis D, and a Pirouette which are all great sizes.

Who knows of other Mexican species that are at least 2" big, and preferably grow pinkish?
By bsmith38
Hi bannister,

I grow a Pinguicula Weser that is about 2-3 inches wide I would say during its top growing period. This is a cross between a Moranensis and Ehlersiae. My lighting doesn't allow for deep coloration, but if you have good grow lights they are supposed to turn a pink color. I can still see slight pink hues on the leaves given the sunlight it gets, but it is still fairly green. I have a post updating the growth of my Weser and Esseriana further down in the 'Butterwort' forum category if you want pictures of what it (now 3 plants) looks like in the growing conditions I have it in. You can also just look at pictures online of how big plants are compared to the pots they are in as well.

-bsmith38
bsmith38 liked this
By bannister
MrsMuscipula wrote:I have a P. 'Sethos' which is just over two inches wide, and I don't think it's even full-grown.
I have a Sethos as well. I think mine must be still young cause it's only about 1.25 inches wide. Can't wait for it to grow bigger!
By bannister
w03 wrote:P. laueana comes to mind. It has bright crimson flowers as well.
I actually have this. It's still a baby and under the size of a dime. Can't wait to see how it grows.
Rain

Predicting up to 1-3” of rain from now(Fri 7[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

They arrived today! YAY! will get them planted out[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

I'd heard rumors around the forums that TJ's has s[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

To bad you can't make it. There is another meet up[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Hey all, Just wanted to see some photos of your Di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!