FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Have excess seed? Share it with other members here.

Moderator: Matt

By David F
Hey guys, I've been done with this hobby for a while, but I have a large stockpile of drosera indica seeds. I believe it is the "pale pink flower" variety.

Though I know there has been some confusion in the Drosera indica "complex" the name I know them by is "pale pink".

The plant's parents are from SDCP's give away. These seeds are two years old or so, but I have so many that even a low germination rate is sure to yield a few healthy plants, of course I don't guarantee anything since this will be free!

I won't go over in detail about Drosera indica care, but I can tell you that the generation I raised and their seeds are going to be a little more drought resistant than your average indica. Unfortunately my camera is out of commission until the 14th, so I can't take pictures of the sheer amount of seeds, but I can assure you that there are plenty to go around.

Please PM me, or post on this page, but know that I'm busy with college and relatively inactive in this scene and communications will be slow at best. However, if you pm me and we arrange a SASE, I will send the seeds as soon as I get the letter!

This probably isn't the best time to start up indica, but you can always grow them under artificial lights for the fall/winter then use your meager harvest of seed for the summer. That said you'll have fresher and more viable seeds coming into the new season.

U.S. only please.
Last edited by David F on Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
David F liked this
By katya_dog1
Me too!
katya_dog1 liked this
By David F
katya_dog1 wrote:Me too!
PM so I can keep track of everything in one place :)!
By David F
Wow, overwhelming response my inbox is absolutely flooded! Everyone who's sent me a PM so far will for sure get a packet of seeds.

Closed for the moment because of the unexpected flood of responses.

First giveaway experience, and there are already leasons to be learned hahaha.
By katya_dog1
David, you may want to edit the title with a *closed*. That way you won't get a lot of PMs from people even after it is done.
katya_dog1 liked this
By David F
Hey guys, I received several of your SASE's and the seeds have been sent!

I'm opening this giveaway and have 10 slots available, just list your name consecutively like this:

1. Billy

Billy: Thanks for the seeds.

If you one of the lucky ones and get your name on this first come first serve basis, send me a PM and I'll get you my address to send the SASE.

If you're too slow, I might consider opening a spot and letting some one else have a whack at it.
By earlgrey
David F wrote:Hey guys, I received several of your SASE's and the seeds have been sent!

I'm opening this giveaway and have 10 slots available, just list your name consecutively like this:

1. Billy
2. Xander

Billy: Thanks for the seeds.

If you one of the lucky ones and get your name on this first come first serve basis, send me a PM and I'll get you my address to send the SASE.

If you're too slow, I might consider opening a spot and letting some one else have a whack at it.
By David F
Haha, Billy was just an example.

The list should read

1. earlgrey
By David F
Bump, please PM me so we can get the SASE through as soon as possible!
By David F
1. earlgrey
2. malika621
3.Brian
4.University of Utah
5.University of Utah
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!