FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post suggestions or comments related to the FlytrapStore.com here

Moderator: Matt

By Ambiturner
Would it be or is it currently possible to search the store for available sizes? Like searching for any premium sized plants currently available? Or do you have to go into each available plant and use the drop down to see what sizes are in stock?
By LAKJP
Or do you have to go into each available plant and use the drop down to see what sizes are in stock?
Yes and I know the Justina Davis cultivar currently has a premium size avilable
By Ambiturner
I'd guess you guys don't get premium sized plants too often, since your stock usually moves so fast. Just figured I'd ask. :)
By Matt
That's correct. We've probably had fewer than 10 premium sized plants listed for sale in the FlytrapStore since it opened nearly 4 years ago. We may have more this year, particularly typical flytraps and seed-growns, because the plants are growing much better now due to the early spring. The last 3 springs here have been exceptionally cold and wet.
By Leah
There is also a premium Grun in stock, or at least there was. :D
By happiness
Will you guys ever have it where you're able to check by what items are in stock?? or maybe you already do??

It would be nice to see what items are in stock first.. rather then mixed with out of stock items. That's only an idea though! :P
By Matt
happiness wrote:Will you guys ever have it where you're able to check by what items are in stock?? or maybe you already do??

It would be nice to see what items are in stock first.. rather then mixed with out of stock items. That's only an idea though!
Yes, it would be nice and I wish the store software were more configurable, but unfortunately I don't think these things are possible without a code modification. Maybe this winter I'll have some time to look into it.
By cyph3r_gfy
What are your options for coding Matt? Do you have a database/flat file on the backend? I'd be willing to assist, if able, relatively easily should you want to incorporate new features into your recent addition. Keep in mind I'm an 'engine' guy not a 'body' guy, metaphorically speaking of course.
By Matt
cyph3r_gfy wrote:What are your options for coding Matt?
The Magento software is PHP and MySQL. Writing tools such as this one would seem to be straight forward, but working within the framework of Magento isn't very familiar to me and is somewhat complex (in my simple-minded opinion!).
cyph3r_gfy wrote:Do you have a database/flat file on the backend?
Yes, it's a MySQL database. The table structures are also fairly complex.
cyph3r_gfy wrote:I'd be willing to assist, if able, relatively easily should you want to incorporate new features into your recent addition. Keep in mind I'm an 'engine' guy not a 'body' guy, metaphorically speaking of course.
Thanks for the offer! I'll definitely keep that in mind going forward. Have you ever done any work within Magento? Possibly written an extension or something?
By cyph3r_gfy
I'm very adept with PHP, and MySQL; It's what we use for our infrastructure management tool set served up using tomcat. I'm guessing the main hurdle here would be familiarity with the database. While I'm not familiar with Magento, I have written modules/extensions for many tool sets from portal tools to mobile solutions. I'll look into Magento further and let you know, should I discover extension information. If you'd simply like to just bounce ideas off of me, I'd also be willing. Coding is my passion, and I'm about to put up my first app on Google Play... hopefully in the next few months.
cyph3r_gfy liked this

Well, well, I never thought that our hobby would g[…]

This request is over two weeks old. If confirmatio[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (es[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!