FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By Drone232
Autunm is coming and with it, cold nights and rains. Thus, I have brought inside all of my tropical plants. Here you can see my two sundew containers (with flowering D. indica) as well as the nepenthes cutting, whose single vine grows thicker every day but still has no roots as far as I can tell. Here I will also germinate Sarracenia seeds after stratify them. I'm using four 1600 lumen 5000 color temperature bulbs. I mist everyone occasionally. The only danger they will suffer here is my cat, which is why the area in enclosed with cardboard boxes. Please post any comments, opinions, tips below.
Attachments:
20140916_075733_resized.jpg
20140916_075733_resized.jpg (37.63 KiB) Viewed 1631 times
By Drone232
I have the psychology book because the college book store would not take it back after classes were over. For the same reason I have textbooks on microbiology, biology, criminal justice, and US history. Anyone here think the lights are too close or far away from the plants. I'm always skeptical as to how my artificial lights compare to the actual sun.

I'd like to see how normal traps look on that plan[…]

Hey everyone, I'm starting to sell the majority of[…]

Hi from FNQ.

Welcome. Be sure to check out the seedbank. Free s[…]

Question about flytraps

They should not die, unless you do something extre[…]

Drosera seeds in water?

Don't know about the peroxide, either. I have trie[…]

If you keep your plants outside, they will feed th[…]

You might also run into problems with the plant […]

Kinetin vs BAP ?

Can Kinetin be an adequate substitution for BA[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!