FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By kcbugs
Just a few quick shots from the back yard. It's cold today, low tonight will be around 40F. Brought all of the Neps indoors. Flytraps are really coloring up!!

A nice Lowes rescue typical:

Very young SD Draco:

An adult SD Draco in the center of the pot:

Couple of FTS Maroon Monsters and an Etna:

JAWS!!!:

A very nicely colored Fine Tooth x Red:

FTS Crimson Sawtooths and some purps:
kcbugs, kcbugs, kcbugs liked this
By katya_dog1
OH WOW! I hope my jaws gets that sort of coloration! Maroon monster and jaws are two I got this year, Can't wait for next years growing season!
katya_dog1 liked this
By kcbugs
It's funny. When I bought my Jaws in the early spring from Matt, it had the most beautiful color. Slowly, it faded to just some hints of pink in the traps, and just in the last 2 weeks the red has just really filled it in. Jaws is my favorite!!
By katya_dog1
Mine too! I like Maroon Monster second, but that may change. ;) The Jaws I got was a young plant with one inch traps with just a hint of pink. I love the thick tissue on the traps, as well as the shark teeth and (hopefully) color.

There was another user on here who got a Maroon Monster young one spring and by the fall had 4 divisions, and a huge plant! Can't wait to see how mine does. Everyone always gets such BEAUTIFUL color on their Jaws! I like red, large traps, and triangular teeth, so next season I hope to combine that in FTS Flaming Lips! G16 will be next after that but it is out of my price range currently. Extremely Nice plants, and when will we get a picture of your Alien? ;)
By kcbugs
katya_dog1 wrote:Mine too! I like Maroon Monster second, but that may change. ;) The Jaws I got was a young plant with one inch traps with just a hint of pink. I love the thick tissue on the traps, as well as the shark teeth and (hopefully) color.

There was another user on here who got a Maroon Monster young one spring and by the fall had 4 divisions, and a huge plant! Can't wait to see how mine does. Everyone always gets such BEAUTIFUL color on their Jaws! I like red, large traps, and triangular teeth, so next season I hope to combine that in FTS Flaming Lips! G16 will be next after that but it is out of my price range currently. Extremely Nice plants, and when will we get a picture of your Alien? ;)

:-)
By katya_dog1
Wow! lots of new growth coming out! I really like the sausage-bun shaped traps.
By Matt
kcbugs wrote:Thanks Matt! I'm starting to get a little stressed about dormancy. Hope I don't screw it up!
The first time going through dormancy can be nerve-wracking, but it's pretty simple actually. Just don't let the plants freeze (ideally -- though they can stand a pretty good freeze) and allow them to get natural sunlight and everything should take care of itself :)
Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I might just look for an Aquascape b[…]

Flower stalks for sale

Hello! I'd like one of each of the following (esse[…]

Oh, so if I plant it somewhere that's a know mosqu[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

ok cool I will see where I might move him on my ne[…]

Sundew in forest

That's fine. There is a reason I was asking.

I just confirmed today that my regia is "Big […]

I have Flexx and Big Mouth in my collection; they'[…]

Shoo’, that got big fast didn’t it? […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!