FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By bvalente
The setup is pretty ingenious I think it looks pretty cool. I like the idea of how the VFT are growing on the side of the mound, I am not sure if that is healthy for them but they look pretty happy, how long have they been like that? They look like they need a bit more light for this time of year.

As long as there is good air circulation, there shouldn't be a problem with terrariums. That is a known issue with them. I don't grow in terrariums, so I am sure someone with more expertise will be able to help.

Overall I think it looks good!
bvalente liked this
By Matt
Looks pretty cool! The plants definitely would appreciate more light, which is evident by the new growth being thin and lacking traps, but you can't deny the coolness factor of the setup!
Matt liked this
By littleflight
Thanks for the tips, guys! This is all very new to me- my first plant was given to me in March of this year and this is what it's turned in to- so I appreciate any and all tips from you knowledgable folks!

Just from observations over the past few months, I knew some weren't getting enough light, so in this new set up I added a second grow light to each shelf and will continue to monitor color changes and growth.

The mound was started in March with my first baby VFT thats growing on the top, and it's exploded! The VTF on the side was a division that I took from one of my other plants in May and just stuck on the side to see what would happen, and that one has exploded, too!
By dyCSUS
Very creative space you have there. I really like all those glass containers

Flush them a bunch of times and cross your finge[…]

What's the plant name? It look like a mutant varie[…]

Watering my Venus Flytrap

Hi, I can't buy Distilled water and have no rain[…]

Watering my Venus Flytrap

Check your water with a tds meter. Without that i[…]

One week into our contest, and here are the standi[…]

For you? It's any size pot you like. Just use […]

Input on Neps placement

That sounds perfect. I've got to adjust my plant[…]

This is a good read about light requirements of ca[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!