FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By bvalente
Rmac88 wrote:Your traps look great! Can't wait till mine are growing that big!
Thank you! I have been feeding them pretty regularly )once or twice a week, depending on how many traps are open). When the traps open up again, I will get some pictures up. The difference between then and now is night and day. It is amazing how much a difference regular feeding makes. Even as far as very young/seedling plants, their growth explodes.
By Rmac88
bvalente wrote:
Rmac88 wrote:Your traps look great! Can't wait till mine are growing that big!
Thank you! I have been feeding them pretty regularly )once or twice a week, depending on how many traps are open). When the traps open up again, I will get some pictures up. The difference between then and now is night and day. It is amazing how much a difference regular feeding makes. Even as far as very young/seedling plants, their growth explodes.
That is quite amazing! I plan on buying some blood worms today to start feeding some of mine and see how it affects them
By bvalente
It's pretty easy, go to your local pet store and in the fish section they usually have them. Sprinkle some in a bowl and add water to rehydrate them, after use a paper towel to soak up excess water. Use a tooth pick to get an appropriate size blob (1/3 trap size) and place it in the trap to trigger it to shut. Once it shuts, lightly squeeze the trap together pretty quick repeatedly for about 45 seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By bvalente
Matt wrote:Great growing Brian!

Thanks Matt! Hope your surgery went well! Now I just gotta get ahold of a red cultivar :twisted:
By bvalente
Let me know what you think...I went to a big pot now. The roots were amazing. Good and thick, rhizome was a nice white. I shipped a few plants off today and it threw the setup I had going on since some pots weren't filled so I decided to go get some more LFSM and a big pot. The pot itself is close to 2ft deep. Plenty of room for the roots to grow :D

bvalente liked this
By bvalente
https://vimeo.com/102457203

Feeding some of my VFT their breakfast this morning :lol: Helps ease some of the stress after moving them to a bigger pot. I think of it as a protein shake for after a workout for them :lol:
By bvalente
Haven't updated this in a while so here are some fall pictures Image

Premium Jaws

Young Jaws

G16

Very aggressive cup forming typical

Typical

B52

Young B52

FTS Maroon Monster

FTS Maroon Monster seedling

FTS Maroon Monster seedling

Premium FTS Maroon Monster

Young FTS Maroon Monster

Seed grown

Vigorous

Low Giant

Sarracenia purpurea

Drosera capensis

A few Drosera burmani

Another Drosera burmani

Some Drosera spatula

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bvalente liked this
By bvalente
Thank you everyone! The plants are starting to show their fall colors more so now. The outside of some of the traps looks like the red pigment is "bleeding" through and a lot of my VFT are getting a red hue. Even plants that are green most of the year are. Its pretty impressive how much they change throughout their growing season. This is my first year growing these and I am astounded by them.
bvalente liked this
By katya_dog1
Wow, the premium Jaws and Maroon Monster are stunning! That cup forming typical is quite good too!

Anyone find anything exceptional/underwhelming or […]

Greetings fellow enthusiasts! I've been intrigued […]

Sure, the more the merrier! Just remember to add t[…]

Ah! If possible, then, could I add the mixed dros[…]

Oddly shaped Sarr

Hey all, a couple of pitchers came up with corkscr[…]

May 2024 Photo Contest - In the Bog

Here’s my big! Established in late 2021 Fi[…]

Does this Rooting hormone work for Byblis?

I’ve grown Byblis for a while but never trie[…]

That looks something like mineral burn. What subst[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!