FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Cephman84
Any tips On eradicating a bad thrip infestation? Their eating up my young and adult sarrs the worst causing new growth to deform and eventually stop growing. Their munching the flytraps too but not as bad. I've tried submerging whole plants in water overnight and spraying w/neem oil (Dyna-Gro brand to be exact) and so far I've only been able to slow the onslaught. I'll post som pics soon and show erbody the damage. Im positive its thrips though cuz I've seen the lil bastards crawling round the traps. If anyone has any tricks o the trade or anything thats worked for them please enlighten me, Im open to anything at this point.
By parker679
I would try acephate. It's systemic which means it will not only kill the bugs you spray but the plant will absorb it into its tissue so when future bugs bite it they will die as well.

I use Ortho brand Orthene fire ant killer. Black bottle with a yellow lid. About a teaspoon per gallon of water.
parker679 liked this
By rayneger
I would highly recommend bayer rose and flower insect killer.this will not hurt the plants at all. I use this brand and it works like a charm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From my personal experience, I would not order fro[…]

Infact I just went to check on them and it looks l[…]

recently split a flytrap and the smaller one I got[…]

Rain

A little kids' wading pool works well, too. It has[…]

Sundew in forest

Bugs are the foundation of the ecosystem. Killin[…]

S. purpurea?

Looks like a hybrid to me, purpurea crossed with f[…]

Okay, thanks for the tip. I don't want to fully re[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!