FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By TheOtherDrew
I've just gotten my first pitcher plant. I know it's some variety of sarracenia, but that's all.

It was just labelled as: 4" tropical plant. :roll:

Here's a closeup of one of the traps

And from a bit farther back

It looks fairly healthy, with quite a bit of new growth. The new growth looks fairly bright red compared to the mature leaves/traps.

At first I thought it was a Scarlet Belle, mainly because they seem to be the most commonly available. But after looking at a few more pictures online I'm not too sure. If any of you could give me a hand with IDing, I'd really appreciate it!

I have it in 50/50 sphagnum peat & sand with a dressing of LFS on top, with the planter it's in sitting in a little pool of distilled water so the substrate stays nice & boggy. I plan on keeping it outside for the summer in a spot that gets full sun most of the day (6-8 hours)/dappled shade in the evening.

I also have a venus fly trap (typical) that's doing quite well in those conditions & I'm planning on growing some cape sundew (typical) from seed soon.
By TheOtherDrew
After looking at a few more pictures online, I'm thinking this is more likely to be a Dana's (Diana's?) Delight rather then a Scarlet Belle.

It seems to be doing fairly well anyway. This is my first pitcher plant, so I'm hoping it does well.
By Robster_24
well definitely not a "tropical plant". my first guess was Dana's delight but the structure looks a lot like alata... either way it's a hybrid and you will probably never know what the exact parents are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help! I've contacted someone you me[…]

they are back outside https://i.imgur.com/mW2klN[…]

took my neps outside, look at that moss! https:/[…]

+ bulk means that in addition to already-made pack[…]

Ah. I can find him on social media? He is on F[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1649. I'll PM[…]

Chaser, I like that. Order received. Your order n[…]

Finally

Thanks, it is called a Drosera Intermedia. The var[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!