FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Sarracenia, Heliamphora, Darlingtonia, Cephalotus plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By bannister
So I just got a Cobra Lily off eBay (because I couldn't really find it affordable anywhere else), and I am going to repot it today.
  • - I was thinking of a standard CP soil mix + shredded NZLFSM, in a 1:1 combo.
    - In a galvanized steel planter (I've noticed these remained really cool by the window).
    - The pot would sit on an ice pack that I would alternate everyday, which sits in a plastic tray.
    - I would water every day. The water would come out through hole at the bottom of the planter. That water would be cooled by the ice pack, which would also keep the planter cool. And I would be able to reuse that water and water it from the top the next day.
    - Lit by bright lights I have set up in the apt.
What do you guys think of this plan? Could it successfully keep a Darlingtonia alive indoors?
By mnwatson1
Honestly, it's overboard. I had one (it died because I forgot to water it over the winter,) it was outside during the summer, I kept the saucer for the pot full, and watered with cold distilled water every morning and evening. It did beautifully, honestly. :). Indoors I only watered daily with room temp water. No issues.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk
mnwatson1 liked this

with a D micrantha gemmae chaser … er, bonu[…]

Sundew in forest

Moving amphibians around is a very bad idea. That'[…]

I hope everyone who got the P. planifolia seeds go[…]

I've gotten nepenthes and pinguicula from petflytr[…]

I also keep D. affinis "Uningi Pans, Zambia&q[…]

Thank you :D I really love how pretty it is.

So I’m pretty hooked on these plants, and I&[…]

1637 expired and canceled

This request has expired and been canceled, seeds […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!