FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By ontariotraps
K good cause I got my B52 over a month ago out of TIssue culture & it dose not look healthy at all, it came with a flower stalk which I cut the day I got it, I just don't know what the problem would be, and I don't have any bug issues so I'm stumped
By jwbates26
ontariotraps wrote:K good cause I got my B52 over a month ago out of TIssue culture & it dose not look healthy at all
Did you acclimate it to lower humidity when you took it out of tissue culture.

Deflasking, Acclimation & Instructions for Sterile Cultures

Your new growth looks pretty good to me but it looks like the older leaves have dehydrated and burned.
By stevelau1911
Under my 4 bulb t5 setup, I got the same problem where my smaller dcxl plants look burned. They were originally straight up green until they went under the stronger light, and have turned reddish ever since. They aren't dying off so I guess with a couple weeks, they should recover, and keep growing eh.

By ontariotraps
I read Matts instructions on soaking it for a half hour but because my purpurea took so readily, I skipped the climatisation this time, I did assume it was the humidity but I also figured it would have bounced back by now.
By ontariotraps
I have them about 2 inches,I also have a fan blowing that way. The temp is about 16 'Celsius, so here's hoping it's just the transition ! For the past week iv been misting a couple times a day ! Thanks for the input to all & to all thank you !!!!
By cjpflaumer
ontariotraps wrote:I have them about 2 inches,I also have a fan blowing that way. The temp is about 16 'Celsius, so here's hoping it's just the transition ! For the past week iv been misting a couple times a day ! Thanks for the input to all & to all thank you !!!!
You don't need to mist them, it will do more harm than good. Just water them when the media is just barely moist on the top.
tish wrote:How do you guys cool the setup area if the temperature gets too high. I know fan. But they come in many different design and types.

Sorry to hijack

Sent from my SM-N9005
I just use a small fan blowing the area but not directly at the plants themselves. It blows kinda under them then hits the wall so they just get some air flow. It's a 10" fan or so, about 10 feet away.
By cjpflaumer
Yeah, basically blowing at the pots and then kinda bounces around off the window and whatnot. I just didn't think it would be a good idea to have the plants blasted with wind so that's how I tamed it down. You could blow above the plants too. I just had a hard time not blasting the sarracenia so I went under.
By tish
cjpflaumer wrote:Yeah, basically blowing at the pots and then kinda bounces around off the window and whatnot. I just didn't think it would be a good idea to have the plants blasted with wind so that's how I tamed it down. You could blow above the plants too. I just had a hard time not blasting the sarracenia so I went under.
Great. Thanks for the idea and advise!

Sent from my SM-N9005

Done. Order received. Your order number is 1669. […]

Order received. Your order number is 1668. I'll PM[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1667. I'll PM[…]

Is this a steal?

That larger one is quite nice for that price, yes,[…]

Is This What To Look For?

I have decided since my first attempt worked out s[…]

Hello from Arkansas!

Welcome man!

Order received. Your order number is 1666. I'll PM[…]

New cultivar potential?

This plant always has something in its mouth :rol[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!