FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By cjpflaumer
I suspect this is another flower stalk, since I cut the first one off before it was an inch tall. But this one is coming in much larger than the first was. This plant was received about a month and a week ago, and it is yet to produce a full new trap. It had one small leaf which did finish growing and has a decent sized trap but other than that no resumed growth yet. The others in the pot are all doing great.Image

Anyway. Second flower stalk? What are your thoughts?
By LAKJP
I don't really know, but we shall look at this interesting growth, and determine what it is as you continue to post more pictures! :D
By cjpflaumer
Matt wrote:Sometimes in the spring flytraps will produce a mass of growth in the center of the rhizome like yours has done here. It looks like an undifferentiated mass of tissue but eventually traps will start forming out of it.
Ahh gotcha, so it's essentially divided, but above the soil basically? That explains the lack of any other growth from only this plant.
By xr280xr
cjpflaumer wrote:Ahh gotcha, so it's essentially divided, but above the soil basically? That explains the lack of any other growth from only this plant.
Or a bunch of plant cells that don't know which part of the plant they're supposed to be. Leaf? Root? Rhizome? They haven't decided. It looks like a bud off of my grape vines. Weird looking!
xr280xr liked this
By Darkrai283
You might get a false vivipary growing out of that callus. I had a clone that produced flower stalks with false vivipary during the two years I had it for (I accidentally killed it about 3 years ago by letting my indoor CPs overheat from a new heater we got...) and the starting flower stalks on that plant look very similar to the lump of new growth in your photo.

However, as others have already mentioned, it's more likely to be a mass of tissue that's going to sprout a lot of small new traps.
Darkrai283 liked this

still growing, inside pitcher still looks OK hopin[…]

Hello everyone! Looking for D. anglica plants for […]

Is This What To Look For?

Correct.

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!