FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By parker679
It would depend on the wattage of the bulb you use, how many bulbs, how long you run them for, and what your kwh rate is.

Edit: Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it will be (# of bulbs)(bulb wattage)(hours of operation per day)(30), this will give you the total watts used per 30 days. Divide this number by 1000 to get the total kW used and then multiply that number by what you pay your utility provider per kWh.
parker679, parker679 liked this
By cjpflaumer
parker679 wrote:It would depend on the wattage of the bulb you use, how many bulbs, how long you run them for, and what your kwh rate is.

Edit: Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I believe it will be (# of bulbs)(bulb wattage)(hours of operation per day)(30), this will give you the total watts used per 30 days. Divide this number by 1000 to get the total kW used and then multiply that number by what you pay your utility provider per kWh.
Thats correct. To break it down for a single light with two bulbs... standard T8 will be 32+32=64 watts. At say 16 hours, you're looking at 1,024 watts or 1.024 kWh. Multiply that by the cost of a kWh in your area, I believe mine is 8 cents, but they do vary. Times 30 days would be roughly $2.50.
cjpflaumer liked this
By ontariotraps
Nice u guys r the bomb & my math is crap lol, now I can finally rest got all my P's & Q's in order now I can sleep I was worried for a few weeks there not having the $ to get the proper lights I had them under 1 40 watt cool white super saver 4100K and then switched to a gro lux t12 40 watt wide spectrum but I got everything else now I'm just waiting on seeds from the fly trap store !! I'm pumped can't wait Thank u both !!! :D
Is this a steal?

That larger one is quite nice for that price, yes,[…]

Is This What To Look For?

I have decided since my first attempt worked out s[…]

Hello from Arkansas!

Welcome man!

I dont know if this is too much but can you also a[…]

Hello, I would like to request D. capensis "[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1666. I'll PM[…]

New cultivar potential?

This plant always has something in its mouth :rol[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!