FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By stubbingsj
So I live in north/central Florida, and I discovered via Google that Cary state park (which is about 2 miles from me) has native-growing pitcher plants. So me and my dad decided to spend 2 hours there today, and it pretty awesome! We saw TONS of hooded pitcher plants (I'll post some pics later) growing in sphagnum moss. :mrgreen: Most of them had already flowered, but a few still had some seeds still hanging on. On the way back around, (the trail is like one big loop) I was looking at the ground and saw something red and sparkly...upon closer inspection, I discovered that they were quarter-sized red Drosera Spatulata!! :mrgreen: Of course, the other flora and fauna was cool too!

On the drive home, my dad decides o tell me that he thinks that he's seen some plants like the Sarrencia IN OUR BACKYARD. Nice time to say something, eh? :x Upon further inspection, it turns out that we don't actually have pitcher plants in our back yard, but we do have something else! We have hundreds of nickel to quarter-sized Drosera Spatulata (red) growing in our yard! :mrgreen: Needless to say, I now have a limitless supply of Drosera!! Mwahahahahahaha! :twisted:

Cary State Park Pics:

One of the groups of pitcher plants

A nice tall one!

Probably can't see em' but there's a bunch!

Another good-sized one!

A large group of pitchers

Some really large ones! Isn't the red one in the middle gorgeous?

More and more pitchers!

They're everywhere!

A lil' sundew poking out of the pine needles. :mrgreen:

Another one!

Overall, wonderful park! found tons of CPs, saw some other beautiful non-CP plants and flowers, and I think my dad had fun as well! Oh, and they have camping areas too! (so you can sleep next to the CP's 8-) )
stubbingsj liked this
By roarke
Upon further inspection, it turns out that we don't actually have pitcher plants in our back yard, but we do have something else! We have hundreds of nickel to quarter-sized Drosera Spatulata (red) growing in our yard!
I wonder why you didn't see them by now...

I'm a little late to the dance but here is my Brun[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , We found a solution to add it to our[…]

Help with care for my VFT

The plant is in decline due to lack of light. It w[…]

How much water is too much water?

HOW MUCH WATER IS TOO MUCH WATER? Jr_overwatered_[…]

Help! My VFT is dying

So is morning sun better than afternoon sun? I h[…]

St. Patrick’s Beard

Hasn’t made a normal trap in FOREVERR, can f[…]

FTS Archangel

:P

Triton

Amazing as always, wish it had color though ;)

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!