FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By Goodkoalie
I will update the pics of my plants in the beginning, middle, and end of every month, unless somon reguests a certain plant. So here they are.
S. minor

S. leucophylla 'tarnock' making a ton of phyllodilla:
the rhizome of this plant is growing up, is that normal?

My favorite plant, a leucophilla from cc, also making tons of phyllodilla, look at the size of this rhizome.

the last of it's crappy spring leaf is dying back, but look at the difference between the srping and fall leaf. The fall leaf was whn i bought the plant last year.

My 2nd favorite plant, a S. rubra subsp. gulfy

A close up of the fruit, i think it will be ready soon, the style is starting to die(these will be my first ever sarr seeds).

Some close ups of leaves:

S. flava from home depot:

Unknown psittionia hybrid from parker

My capensis alba making tons of dew

My last surving typical flytrap recovering from flowering:

my 'red pirhanna'

My big mouth from cc. It looks dead becuase my dad almost killed it while trying to take care of it
By coline
Great plants! Same as me, small pots in the sarracenia, the same depth I say, because my pots are a little wider, so, as you have the full clump inside, that may be the reason for Tarnok growing upwards, every year I divide my plants so the size remains similar as to that they fit in the pots but the leaves are huge.
coline liked this
By Goodkoalie
coline wrote:Great plants! Same as me, small pots in the sarracenia, the same depth I say, because my pots are a little wider, so, as you have the full clump inside, that may be the reason for Tarnok growing upwards, every year I divide my plants so the size remains similar as to that they fit in the pots but the leaves are huge.
Thanks i was wondering what size pots you used. this winter, i ma putting some of my plants (my favorite leuco, a purp fro mw, and my rubra gulfy into bigger pots. They will go onto 6-8 inch round pots, and in a few years will completly fill that in. After that, i will start dividing.
By Goodkoalie
Hi all, i am back to show updates of my plants, mainly my newer plants and some old plants that still have good leaves. Here they are:

all of my "show" plants:

S. alata "rual hernandez clone"

S. flava var. rubriculata

S. purpurea subsp. venosa old dock, columbus co, NC clone G.

S. leucophylla - i like this plant, it reminds me of the guy from scream movies, ghostface.

Random hybrid i got from my dad

S. alata 'night'
By happiness
Do you use a heating pad to germinate your seeds?

.. Was wondering if it really has a better percentage of seeds sprouting when using a heating pad. (Making a list of future wanted items :) )
Sundew in forest

Why D. capillaris? D. brevifolia is the sundew sp[…]

Oh, that is a solid size. Wonder what it'll look l[…]

Succulents Question

Hello beautiful people! I have a quick question. O[…]

Welp I lost the original post. :shock: Anyhoo I […]

I said the cuttings some of them just kind of die.[…]

I recieved my seeds, yay! Thank you, ChefDean Sen[…]

Got my Trader Joe's VFTs

Oo, very nice. That right one is particularly nice[…]

She definitely needs to go outside, yes. Keep her […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!