FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By Sander
Hey,

I dont think i will need a huge heatsink, if at all, because the leds i'm gonna use are only 1w each, and indeed, i want them rather cool, as soon as the temperature rises, so does the wavelength and shortens lifespan.

Thank you for mentioning it, i forgot to order thermal epoxy.
By nimrod337
Sander,
where did you order your LEDs from? Was there 3W options as well? And also, how much money did you pay per LED (if you don't mind me asking.)

My options of getting the company to switch out my LEDs for me is seemingly falling through. So I need a contingency plan.
By Sander
nimrod337 wrote:Sander,
where did you order your LEDs from? Was there 3W options as well? And also, how much money did you pay per LED (if you don't mind me asking.)

My options of getting the company to switch out my LEDs for me is seemingly falling through. So I need a contingency plan.
i got them all from ebay, depending on the colour of the led, from 0,40 to 1,80 a piece.
There are also 3 and 5w leds out there, but i couldnt find the wavelengths i wanted at the time.

hmm, thats a bummer, i can send u the links of the ones i bought if u need them. (im still waiting to receive them)

Regards,
By nimrod337
Hey Sander,
I was just wondering if you have received your LEDs you bought from eBay? It's looking more and more like I will have to buy my own diodes, and solder them in myself if I want multi-band light. I am going to go with 1Ws and use 7 of them in a downlight. (looks possible to exchange LEDs, right? https://www.google.com/search?q=LED+dow ... B836%3B519)

Just wondering if you were happy with the quality of LEDs you got, so I could be more confident in ordering some on eBay. Thanks
By Sander
Hey nim,

Im going home this weekend and according to my dad i received a few packages, so that will be the leds, driver and thermal glue.
I think ill be spending my Sunday on assembling it, cant say anything on durability, but most of them are rated 50-100k hours, so im counting on at least 20k.

But ill keep you posted here, when im finished ill make a tutorial.

As for exchanging, u have to look at voltage and amps, are you familiar with Ohm's law?
Depending on the leds in switching 4-6 in series and 5-6 rows in parallel.
By nimrod337
Using a link to facebook won't work for anyone that isn't friends with you. I suggest using a imgur, or some other photo hosting website to host an album for you.
What the f-

I think it was a result of pesticides and / or the[…]

Oxygen Rot/Eating Itself

You won’t be able to save the trap, but the […]

May 2024 Photo Contest - In the Bog

An assortment of sundews.

Noob with questions

this is the best 10min video for new grows i have […]

Your flytrap will be fine. Continue to give proper[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , We found a solution to add it to o[…]

Leafs with no traps

Welcome to the forum. How about a pic of your flyt[…]

Some flytraps

All seed grown from Matt and my seeds.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!