FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss non-carnivorous plants here

Moderator: Matt

By Meiumi
So I got a few Paperwhite bulbs and was wondering between three growing mediums which one to use.

Average potting soil
The Cocopeat disc it came with
Or the moss/sand mixture I bought from Flytrapstore.com

I was just curious as I seem to hear both positive and negative comments on Cocopeat but as much as I research on it all I can find are sites trying to sell you it and no real opinions or information on how well things grow in it. Mostly I hear that there are no nutrients in Cocopeat and that it's highly acidic, and mostly good for nothing, where normal potting soil will do much better.

I've had an Amaryllis for a few years now, as well, and moved it from Cocopeat to potting soil years ago, it had also divided into two bulbs now. But my concern for the parent plant is that for the last 3 years it has never bloomed again aside from the first year it was planted. I know the younger bulb should not bloom for another 2 or 3 years, or at least I've read. Both plants grow thick, green, long leaves and get pleanty of light. The parent plant had also gone through dormancy each year but still has not had any signs of putting up a blossom, all it grows are leaves. Any help would be appreciated.
By tommyr
What to you is "plenty of light"? Outside in full sun during the summer and are you FEEDING it regularly? Sometimes I find they will take a year off from blooming.

Hello! Fairly new to carnivorous plants and lookin[…]

Watering my Venus Flytrap

You can collect rainwater. I have also used water […]

Dan V and ITS, I followed and bookmarked the links[…]

Drosera seeds in water?

I did not think drosera needed to be water stratif[…]

The "Bisnick" mini bog Okay, I'll […]

i can order stuff online but ive already repotted […]

What's the plant name? It look like a mutant varie[…]

For you? It's any size pot you like. Just use […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!