FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Share photos of your Venus Fly Traps here.

Moderator: Matt

By katie_seitter
hi! I am new here, I am posting a picture of the vft I got from the hardware store. It was an actual bulb when I bought it, and I don't see a whole lot of info on these. I see a lot for seedlings. I am wondering if some of you experts can look at it and see if its going on well and everything is normal? I had a few questions too... some of the leaves are curling and I have yet to find any pics of leaves before they grow their traps, and what it looks like while going through the process... so i dont know what I am looking for, if this curling is normal or not!

Also if you look closely the tips of the leaves on some look burnt, and others don't... I guess I am attributing this to sun burn, as it got suddenly VERY hot here, and obviously more hot than the hardware store where it wasn't getting any direct sunlight. I am giving it distilled water, I use a tray, and put a little water on the top to moisten it up. Any suggestions, thoughts, tips ANYTHING would be lovely... I feel an insane attachment to it already and there aren't any traps yet! Also, there was no info on the KIND of wft I have when i bought it either, if anyone thinks they might know thatd be aaaawesome!
Attachments:
VFT.jpg
VFT.jpg (117.05 KiB) Viewed 973 times
By Darkrai283
Firstly, welcome to FTC Katie! :D

Secondly, I'm sorry to disappoint you but that is not a Dionaea in the picture. It is some type of a sarracenia (NA pitcher plants).
IT IS VERY LIGHT STRAVED! Sarracenias are sun loving plants, place the pot where it can get around 8 hours of direct sun.

We can't give you an ID of the species as well as the pitchers aren't developed properly since there is very little light.
Please tell us your growing conditions as well.
Darkrai283 liked this
Results of self pollinating?

That's actually a decent size for an ovary, so I w[…]

Where is the cheapest place to buy pots

Hi all! I just ran out of large pots for my sarra[…]

tommyr's grow list

pm'ed ya!

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

just pm'ed you!

Catching the Nep fever

Surprisingly, I have never really put effort into […]

Hello from the California!

Wow! this forum has an amazing set up for seeds! I[…]

April 2024 Photo Contest - Stuck on You

Much thanks to Optique and what an incredible, hea[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!