FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Say hello and tell everyone a bit about yourself.

Moderator: Matt

By still_learning
Hi all,

little background:
My very first venus fly trap was when i was 16 years old, i didnt take the time to really care for it and was mainly interested in just feeding it anything i can get my hands on :twisted: , needless to say it died within a week. :o :o :cry: that was over 10 years ago and until recently, my interest in these plants have began to grow again. so my family and i were at our local Lowe's store and i remembered that I can purchase these plants from the store and went ahead and picked up one for me and one for my son. Being very careful to not make the same mistake as i did when i was younger, i did a quick search on 'how to care for venus fly traps' and this forum showed up. I'm amazed and how marvelous these plants can get (when they are properly cared for) and i want the same for my plants as well. Looking forward to building a common interest and positive relationship with any one willing to help me on this journey!
By Steve_D
Welcome! You have found a forum of very supportive carnivorous plant growers from all over the world eager to share their enthusiasm, techniques experiences and experiments and to help you in any way they can. :) And don't worry, probably most of us killed our first (or first few) Venus Flytraps. They grow into magnificent little plant monsters though once one understands their few but strict requirements.

Thanks for joining the Forum!
By Matt
Welcome to the FlytrapCare forums still_learning! Like Steve mentioned, many of us killed our first or first few flytraps, myself included :) Here you'll definitely learn how to grow these plants to their fullest potential while possibly making some friends to trade plants with. Glad to have you on board!
By Daniel_G
Welcome to the forums!
I'm sure your flytrap will grow brillianty in your care! This place is one of the best sites you could have come across for information!

Good luck!
By Jaws
Hi :D

Years back i tried to grow several VFTs and they all died for some reason.
Less than 2 years as a member of these forums, and i have a whole greenhouse of various carnivorous plants that are growing well.
By stitz25b
hi!
By pieguy452
Welcome to flytrapcare! You have come to the right place for carnivorous plants :)
New to carnivorous plants!

I have two little pots (the ones they came from L[…]

Will go out in the mail tomorrow. :D

Very first mini-bog! :D

VFT nice catch

Those crane flies are a pain. Contrary to popular […]

Nepenthes cold shock?

I have left ventrata cuttings outside till the nig[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1672. I'll PM[…]

Hello again from Florida

Welcome

Weird Pitchers, advice?

the black absorbs the full spectrum of light makin[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!